Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mixed baby boy name

Posted by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:24 PM
  • 75 Replies

Im white and my boyfriend is black, were having our 1st baby in september :]] and he loves the name Troy. but im not sure if i like it but i kind of got use to it becuase he says it all the time, what are some of your opinions on the name, or different boy names that would be cute for a mixed baby. Thanks everyone :]

by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Just name your child whatever youd like.. I dont know what a "mixed baby name" is, so I cant help you there..

amazingaudri
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I'm hispanic and my husband is glowstick white (I kid you not) and he wants to name a little boy Tyrone. My dad thinks it's halairous because I have a 3great grandma that was black.

I however want an Eli or Alejandro. 

I'm going. Are you?

Jo-Anna
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM
There are a few baby name groups on here where I'm sure you'd get lots of input!
mom.of.twins

Same here.....I've never heard of mixed baby names. I don't understand the whole naming a child a certain name because of the color of their skin. Name your child what sounds good to you, not what sounds good to his skin color. Troy is a cute name; if you both like it then I say go with it! Or you can always wait until your baby arrives and see what comes to mind.

Quoting BEXi:

Just name your child whatever youd like.. I dont know what a "mixed baby name" is, so I cant help you there..

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
olivejuicebby

Elijah?

Sunshine0626
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM

my baby will be a mixed boy and we are naming him izaiah.  i understand what u mean i went throught the same thing with baby names i felt the baby should have a name that suited a mixed child.  Some people didnt understand that but i did.

WilliamsMama08
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Ditto, and I like the name Troy... why don't you like it?  We went with family names... William Vaughn

Quoting BEXi:

bnasmom
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM

My hubby's name is Troy so I like it!

brittnbaby
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM

First of all, I'm specifically looking on opinions about the name troy. and what i meen by mixed baby names is simple, im not looking for names like Richard or Bob or Joe. Im just having a hard time. If anyone has a black n white baby boy plz share names. thank youuuu

RockTheSocks
by on May. 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM
I like Troy but you should name your son something you both love or can at least agree on. Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN