• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE LABOR TO YOU???

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

Last night i was waking up about 4 or 5 times do to sharp cramps didnt think much of it. Then all today i have been getting really random light pms cramps again thought nothing of it. Well right now i keep getting really quick 1sec sharp cramps!! I try to time them but because they are so quick its hard to tell. This is my second baby and you would think i would know these things but i completely for got! I think i just want to be in labor so bad that im getting my hopes up. Has anyone had quick 1sec sharp cramps for contractions?? One point i got them 1min apart but then the next one was 8min apart. Is there away i can tell if its a contraction? I'm just going to wait it out to see what happens. I'm not going to go to the ER just yet I'm just wondering if any one else has had these quick ones? What does it sound like to you? I'm 35 weeks and 5 days almost 6 in 2 hours lol. She is measuring 3.3 weeks bigger so should be 39 weeks.

Also chest is alot firmer just a little less then being engorged! is that a sign at all??

pregnancy

Been kicked out or booted out of another group? COME JOIN US!!!

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/drake12308
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midgewits
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:31 AM

sounds like contractions to me.

Chloesmom1126
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Agreed, call your doctor

Quoting ilovedrake4ever:

Last night i was waking up about 4 or 5 times do to sharp cramps didnt think much of it. Then all today i have been getting really random light pms cramps again thought nothing of it. Well right now i keep getting really quick 1sec sharp cramps!! I try to time them but because they are so quick its hard to tell. This is my second baby and you would think i would know these things but i completely for got! I think i just want to be in labor so bad that im getting my hopes up. Has anyone had quick 1sec sharp cramps for contractions?? One point i got them 1min apart but then the next one was 8min apart. Is there away i can tell if its a contraction? I'm just going to wait it out to see what happens. I'm not going to go to the ER just yet I'm just wondering if any one else has had these quick ones? What does it sound like to you? I'm 35 weeks and 5 days almost 6 in 2 hours lol. She is measuring 3.3 weeks bigger so should be 39 weeks.

ilovedrake4ever
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Even with  being only 1 second contractions?? My doc told me to call when they get to painful.

Quoting Chloesmom1126:

Agreed, call your doctor

Quoting ilovedrake4ever:

pregnancy

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

ilovedrake4ever
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Someone told me that i shouldnt take a bath if having contractions because then i wont know if my water breaks but these cramps are annoying right now lol do you think it would be ok?? Also my boobs are alot firmer as well does that mean anything?

pregnancy

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

LilmomaShan
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I vote contractions u just gotta hope its not braxton hicks. I was having some cramps here and there.....at times really often and bad then they would subside some. I was scheduled a c-section do to medical problems so i hadnt thought much bout what id been feeling and it always got better. When i got to the hosp for the day of my delivery they hooked me up to the monitor and told me i was having more contractions than the lady in labor. My first thought was wow dont tell her that lol then my second i was thankful i was at the hospital cause i thought it was just the baby laying wrong.

midgewits
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM

do not take a bath. not a good idea.

ilovedrake4ever
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Oh yea forgot to mention although its tmi! Everytime i get a cramp i get gas right after it! But the weird thing is my gas cramps are usually in my ribs where as these cramps are in the area you would get pms cramps. I'm not sure if that means thats all it is?

pregnancy

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

ilovedrake4ever
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:48 AM

bump please anyone

pregnancy

WE WON'T KICK YOU OUT!

blue_heron
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Sounds like contractions to me. If you get up and walk around and they go away, then it's just Braxton Hicks. But if you walk around and they get worse, it's labor.  It would be OK to sit in bathtub. Keep trying to time the pains. Hope everything goes ok for you.

nurseCharity aka: blue_heron

tiffani_qt2001
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I would definitely call the doc.  I was induced so my contractions were so bad i could barely breathe through them!! But before then, when i would get b/h contractions, it just felt like an annoying tightening of my stomach.. i wouldnt really describe them as cramps.  The only real pains i would feel were the stretching and the baby kicking too hard lol...

never hurts to call the doctor. Good luck!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)