Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Male birthcontrol?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

Are there any birth control method's for guys besides sterilization and condoms? Can't they get hormones pumped into them that reduces or eliminate the production of sperm? I just think it's lame that all the birth control pills and rings and shots and IUD's are so invasive and can even cause serious medical issues. Why is it only us that has to manipulate, invade, and surge our bodies with hormones?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gnr
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I hear you I have quit using the depo shot and we are using condoms.  We used them for 2 years before I got pregnant with my daughter so I have always found them very effective.  But yeah sometimes being a women just sucks.

chaoticmonkey2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:10 AM

You could just cut off his balls

Lizzy05
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:17 AM

i know right!!!

i was on birth control for like 3 years when i got pregnant i am immune so after i have the baby i am not even gonna try to get back on them!

Valnmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Actually sometime in 2010 a male hormone birth control is supposed to be on the market. It basically is supposed to make their sperm really freaking lazy :P So that they just have no desire to go for a long swim. Who knows how effective it'll be though.

chaoticmonkey2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I don't think this would work for my DH. He shoots a effin gallon. And you know there is always some over achieving jerk in every bunch!

Quoting Valnmommy:

Actually sometime in 2010 a male hormone birth control is supposed to be on the market. It basically is supposed to make their sperm really freaking lazy :P So that they just have no desire to go for a long swim. Who knows how effective it'll be though.

Celtic_Dragon
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:19 AM

. . . LOL.

Quoting chaoticmonkey2:

I don't think this would work for my DH. He shoots a effin gallon. And you know there is always some over achieving jerk in every bunch!

Quoting Valnmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)