Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picking and choosing kids vaccinations...

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:40 AM
  • 7 Replies

For those of you who vaccinate, do you only get certain ones or all of them?  This last time, 12-15 month shots, I chose to not get 2.. both which were the flu shots!  I don't know if thats what I should have done or if I'm just being overly protective.  I get so confused with the who vaccinate/not vaccinate thing.  I figured since he was already getting 4 shots, he didn't need 6 at one time.  To me that seemed like too much mercury....

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Huntersmom209
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I do not vaccinate, it is not just mercury. . .I can recommend a few GREAT books

What you dr may not tell you about childhood immunizations by  Stephanie Cave

Evidence of Harm

Louder than Words, by Jenny McCarthy (GREAT BOOK)

Those are just a few, but it is really not just about the mercury or Autism, there is so much more that every mother should find out for themselves

tornintwo
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:03 AM

My kids ae older soooooo? But I did vaccinate..and I'm glad I did...I wanted my kids to be protected..Maybe they give More vaccinations now then then???? 4 or 6? My mothers' heart says enough is enough but Different strains of stuff is popping up all the time..to me? better safe than sorry..

Good Luck in whatever you choose for yours...(for real)

skisbufly1
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:05 AM

DD's had most of her shots, well all of them, she is supposed to get a MMR shot soon,but were denying it.

I love Twilight!!!

luvsdrgnflys
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:41 AM

My DS hasnt and wont ever get flu shots till he is an adult.  He also will not be getting the chicken pox vax either.  We are waiting on the mmr till who knows when probably till he is 3.  We only will get one shot at a time and they are always at least 3 months apart.  There is tons of great info out there.  I'm not ok with the shots but at the same time I am fearful of everything that is out there in the world.  Doing it this way is the only thing that has made me comfortable.  With our next little one I wont do any vax's till they are 2 years old.

NANA21
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:48 AM

I am planning on no vaxing until my baby is at least 2.

delilahsmom1177
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:52 AM

My DD is up to date and did get her flu shot this year. It is a good thing because at the time I was going to a school where I brought her and she was in the daycare room. Well about 1 week after she got her flu shot a woman did come in even though she had the flu. I mean she was sick as a dog. I got mine as well thank god. She also did get her chicken pox vax because my couin got it so bad she was in he hospital. I feel with so many people not vaxing and traveling and bringing back god only knows what and also people comming here from other countries with illness' I do not want to take the chance.

I'm a single,tattooed,vaxing,former co-sleeping,pro-choice,pro-Obama,pro-gay marriage,anti-gun,anti-war,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,non animal wearing,trying to get a vegetarian diet,depression battling,cigarette smoking mom trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is.don't like it get over it.

AmandaG1985
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM

My kids aren't getting any vaccines until they're at least 2 and then they're only getting vaccinated for the same things I was vaxed for. I'm 23 and when I was a baby I didn't get my first shot until I was 1 (pedi. recommended waiting until a year) and then I got the second dose of them when I was 2. My shots were spread out and I only got the DTAP, OPV, MMR (one dose) and I think the HIB but I'm not sure. I found my shot records the other day and was shocked at how few vaccines I had compared to the amount they want kids to get now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)