Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going Cukoo-bananas!! Advice, please! TWINS!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:06 AM
  • 1 Replies

I have never been a mom that has read a lot of books on parenting.  I read and researched like mad during my pregnancy, but I think it's high time I get some advice or something before I go crazy.

I have always done everything equal.  Fifty-fifty always with my twins.  I didn't want either left out nor did I want them to think I was favoring one over the other.  BUT!!  It has bit me in the bum over the past year or so.

If one is in trouble and I have them do something, say help clean the front room as a part of punishment and I let the other play or just hang out, the one being punished starts having tantrums stating that it isn't fair.

If I take one with me to do something, the other gets mad and starts tantrums because I'm not including them at that moment.

I try to have as much one on one time with each so they are not competing for attention.  But, I feel that they are in some ways cornering me.  They don't do this with their Dad.  And he's the "easy" parent!

I need to make them understand that life isn't always equal and I have no idea how to get them to understand that without these tantrums. 

Background info:  Christina has ADHD, Sammy has ADD and I have ADD.  Makes for an interesting combo.

But, what do I do?  This making everything equal was once easy, but as they age it is becoming downright exhausting and emotionally taxing.

Moms!!  Help me out here!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Nenasam
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Ahh I don't have twin myself..but I work in the day-cares that have a few wtin.. they are always wanted to do thing the same way// sit next to each other, find bugs etc.. if you take one out and one is home..try to give the one that saying home watch a bit a of TV ( 30minutes) as a treat.. or have dinner with his/her favorite food.. I know kids ten to like candy.. give him/her one and tell him it's a treat since she/he didn't get to do or go with his/her twin sis/bro..

If you care too much, it would dry you crazy.. let them be abit.. if they get upset.. tell them why/?.and if they still upset.. leave them alone , sometime they just need a moment..soon they will get used to the thing that( I don't have to do, to go, to have whatever my other wtin have, do ,go eat) encourage them that soon they would go to school and they would have or want deferrence things and idea..

I am sorry if I don't help you much here.. but that our trick to get them back to normal in dealing with twin.. Oh you would need a lot of talkin..it's always started with Because lol..

Good Luck.. don't stress out!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)