Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being ripped on

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:58 AM
  • 2 Replies

People who are on assistance are ripped on about being on it. They are told they aren't trying hard enough and that they need to make changes and work harder, longer hours, whatever to get off from assistance. . . But if you aren't on assistance because you want to make those changes and you hate having to deal with the county and be dependant on them but it's really hard and you're not sure if you can do it because money is so strapped, then you are attacked because you can't "handle the pressure" or you can't put up with the county. WTF, people? Why can't there be encouragement like, "Just do this and you can do it!" Instead of, "You suck and go back onto assistance." What if they really don't want to go back onto assistance and they want to find another way and avoid that? I mean, one day that assistance just might not be there. Then what?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kelpresmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:06 AM

so true i agree with your post. What if it wasnt  there then what?>>>>>?????

Alot of people would be lost, starving, homeless, and lots more and the ones that dont wanna stay on it even though they need the help some do think of others that need it more then them and there family.......Majority wanna work for a living not live on welfare but when push comes to shove you have to do what you have to do to survive and to make sure your kids survive also.

Come check out my groups:
IOWA mommys -2007
January 2004 Babies and 2004 babies
Parents with out Partners
junecrab
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:42 AM

If i did not live in housing from '97 to '04 i would have been living with family or in a shelter...who knows.  i felt no shame while living on housing.  i was grateful the assistance was there as most people are. no one ever tried to rip on me for not doing enough. if they thought i was not, they did not know me. at one time i was working full time at Geneva Steel, part time a few nights a week at Crest General Store, and taking business classes at Utah Valley State College.

There are a few loafers who get up everyday before the crack of noon to watch their soaps and live in their bathrobes, but i believe that is the exception

smile on

junecrab

..it's a hippie thing, you wouldn't understand...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)