• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've finally had enough!!!!!!! (Piog)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM
  • 14 Replies

OK so ya'll remember the jerk "Rick" I work with who always is mean to me?

Well I had all last weekend off, and since I only work weekends I haven't worked in 2 weeks. Well I don't like confrontation, especailly at work, but this jerk off apparently does.

So after I had been there a few hours I was walking to the bathroom and he threw a rolled up piece of paper at me. So I turned around and said " Um..you can pick that up since you threw it" and he said " I bet if it was a brownie you'd pick it up". So I totally ignored him and walked to the bathroom, once I got into the bathroom I started crying. I don't know why, I think it's cause I'm hormonal, but you ALL know how I am about my weight, so I take stupid comments like that too heart.

SO I got myself together and went back to work.

Well about an hour later the phone rang and I answered it of course, and the customer asked about the price of pellets. Well for some reason I thought he meant the chrloine pellets we have so I called a salesman. Well Rick answered the phone and then like 10 sec. later got on the radio and said "One of the cashiers can get the phone, he wanted to know the price of the salt pellets (which we haveup front at the registers), and he made a comment like we should have been able to handle it.

Well whatever, I could have sworn the customer was talking about chrloine, but I guess not. So then Rick comes up and starts talking to this guy Ryan about me, RIGHT in front of me, so I chimed in and got defensive, and said that I thought the customer was talking about chrloine.

Okay so then he starts saying how stupid and WORTHLESS I am, and how they never should have hired me, and that I only work like 1 day a week,  and call in sick all the time, and am just WORTHLESS he kept saying over and over. SO I said "I don't call in sick I asked for that time off", and he was continueing to go on about me, so I said, "FINE YOU WANT TO SEE HOW WORTHLESS I AM, LET'S JUST SEE HOW WORTHLESS PAUL (THE OWNER) THINKS I AM". SO I turned my light off and starting to walk to the back to find the owner. Well half way to the back of the store I all ready lost control and just started balling, and I walked past my Manager Judi, and she saw me, and I said "can I please talk to you." So I told her what happened and she called back Kevin who is the other owner (Paul was at lunch), and I told Kevin what happened. He said that I should have told him months ago, but that he will not tolerate that behavior and that he is going to talk to Rick. Well I guess he did, and I guess Rick got written up, b/c he was leaving and Kevin yelled to him, "you need to come sign these papers before you leave". But I don't think he got fired, cause you can tell he was pissed, but not that pissed.

So I finally stuck up for myself and told the owners. I don't feel bad either. He shouldnt treat me that way. I have worked there off and on for 4 years (at the other Ace on 192, but I've been working at this one for  year now). I know for a fact that I am a good hard worker. Seriously, I KNOW wtf I am doing. It's not like its rocket science. I go ABOVE and beyond to help ppl.. All the customers love me, and the WM Ace EVERYONE loves me. Everyone says I am a hard worker, so WHATEVER I know I am not worthless, but I really don't understand what this 50 year old man has against me. It's NONE of his business that I only work 2 days a week. He ALWAYS says I never work, and that I only work a few days a week, but it's b/c I raise my son Mon-Fri. But thats NONE of his business like I said.

I have been putting up with this harrassment for a year now..This isn't the first time he has told me I am stupid and worthless. I just haven't told anyone, cause I was scared it would make ME look bad, but I realized today that I know I do every thing right, so I just need to stick up for myself and tell someone.

Do you think I did the right thing? I am SOOO embarrassed that I cried in front of my manager and one of the owners, but I really couldn't hold it in, I was at that point where enough is enough...ya know?

Sorry I know this is long, and I hope it makes sense, I am typing really fast cause I am still upset!

UPDATE:

Ok so, today I get to work, and about 5 minutes after I clock in Rick comes in.. He wasn't working today, he came in, in his regular clothes. He starts walking straight towards me, and I am like OMG what's he going to do. I figured he was furious since I got him written up the day before. He walks up to me, and put his hand on me and is wearing his sunglasses(which I kinda thought cause he was trying to hide a little bit). He looks at me and sincerly says "Alyssa I came here to apologize to you, I couldn't sleep the whole night all I thought about was how horrible I treated you, I am so sorry, I was going to call you, but that would have been the easy way out, I wanted to come and tell you in person" Then I told him I forgave him and thanked him for coming in and talking to me. He took off his sunglasses and wiped his eye!!! OMG!!!! The guy who has been harrassing me and being mean to me for an entire year, who has NEVER once been nice, totally turned around and apologized to me with tears in his eyes!!

I told my manager Cory the whole story from yesterday, and then how Rick came in today, and he said "Good maybe thats what Rick needed to learn to be nice to everyone!"..

So OMG I am soooooo happy today. It's SOO nice to have someone sincerely apologize to you when they hurt you so badly. I love the feeling of forgiving, and I am so glad God worked things out!!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilyrose73
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Good for you for sticking up for yourself!  What a horrible thing to have to go through... This Rick guy sounds like a complete asshole and he obviously has issues.  You did the right thing for sure, you shouldn't have to put up with that :) 

mandankurt
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM

wow I'm so sorry you were treated that way hun.  I think they should have fired him, but at least the situation was finally brought to their attention.  That way if he keeps it up when he returns to work he WILL be fired.  I think you did the right thing.  he sounds like an immature miserable old man.  I mean seriously....who throws paper balls at people?  It's a work place not a friggin elementary school.  I think you handled yourself well. 

AlyssaH87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Thanks, yeah, I don't know what his problem is. He treats a lot of people like crap, but I am one of the people he treats the worst. The part that hurts, is I am really sweet, and I am NEVER mean to people. Unless they give me a reason to be, like him, but even him I am not mean too, I just have told him that he is not a manager so I don't have to listen to what he says, which is true, because he is just a salesman, he has NO say over anything, ya know?

Quoting mandankurt:

wow I'm so sorry you were treated that way hun.  I think they should have fired him, but at least the situation was finally brought to their attention.  That way if he keeps it up when he returns to work he WILL be fired.  I think you did the right thing.  he sounds like an immature miserable old man.  I mean seriously....who throws paper balls at people?  It's a work place not a friggin elementary school.  I think you handled yourself well. 

junecrab
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM

don't you love it when you are so good at your job you can handle anything...and so good at customer service that you shine in your bosses eyes...

yeah. that's a good feeling.

smile on 

junecrab

Peace starts with a Smile.....Bitches!

my3makemehappy
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Good for you! That guy sounds like a real jerk and maybe now he will keep his mouth shut and your work environment will be more pleasant.

i-wanna-be-edwards-bella.gif

guitarlove
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Sounds like he has major inadequacy issues.

GOOD FOR YOU for standing up.  If his crap continues, do it again.  If he's been written up this time, he'll get fired if he keeps it up. And it won't be your fault - it'll be his for being so hateful.

GOBryan
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM

You need to file a complaint against him. I'm sure there's plenty of witnesses.. He has no right to treat you like that.  

mel4him
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Every business has Policies & Procedures as well as Code of Conduct in place that all employees must follow. And harassment is a number one "No-No" in every company I have ever worked for. So anyone who harasses another individual in the work place is definitely going against company policies and conduct. You did the right thing by going to the owners. Since the problem couldn't be solved by going to the source then the only other thing to do was to take it a step above. Good for you.

PS: I had a friend that I worked with many years ago that was being sexually harassed by a co-worker of mine. Come to find out he was sending her emails and everything. I felt so bad for her because he made her feel so uncomfortable. Well, she did something about it as well. And once everything was said and done, he was let go. Harassment is just unacceptable. Especially in the workplace. I also found out after he left that he had done a few things to me. I found out that one day he sat in front of my computer and sneezed all over it wanting me to get sick. And the worst for me, which I also found out later, was that while I was in the ladies room he spit in my coffee. I was so mad when I found out. But I was even more angry at my other co-workers for not telling me until after the fact.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

AlyssaH87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM

bump with update

Tuf
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM

That's pretty cool.  Maybe he thought all along that he was just giving you a 'hard time'?  And now he realized that it wasn't taken that way?  I don't know, but it's good that everything seems to be working out with crazy Rick. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)