• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

horse race

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:01 AM
  • 16 Replies

have any of you been to the horse races? my dh and I went last night, and let me tell you, I HAD A BLAST! I had never been, my dh went when he was a boy.

maybe I just don't have a life, but I loved going and plan to go more!

p.s. I didn't win much money, but did come out pretty much even! lol

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
milmiracle
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM

I might have seen the tracks as child w/ my grandad, not sure though and it is a lot of fun.  Watching them on TV and listening on the radio alone is adrenalin pumping fun.

babybump87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:05 AM

this is horible. do you know what they do to those horses to get them to win? the owners shoot them up full of steroids and work them to the extreme everyday. If the break a leg, the are automatically put to sleep because the owner doesnt feel like taking care of it. i am disgusted by this, i think it should be illegal and i think we should take anyone who contributes to this and make them do what those horses do everyday

ain-gell72
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM

post your proof of such neglect done to the horses.

Quoting babybump87:

this is horible. do you know what they do to those horses to get them to win? the owners shoot them up full of steroids and work them to the extreme everyday. If the break a leg, the are automatically put to sleep because the owner doesnt feel like taking care of it. i am disgusted by this, i think it should be illegal and i think we should take anyone who contributes to this and make them do what those horses do everyday

ain-gell72
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I love nascar, and this was just like it in a way! lol

Quoting milmiracle:

I might have seen the tracks as child w/ my grandad, not sure though and it is a lot of fun.  Watching them on TV and listening on the radio alone is adrenalin pumping fun.

babybump87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM

well, seeing as how i ued to work for a horse racing track for a couple of months( then quit because of what i saw) i know what i am talking about, hearing the owners talk about what they use in their horses and how they like it whether or not it worked better than the last stuff the used and so on.... but sorry, iguess from now on i should have my camera in my freakin pocket at every moment just incase i need to "prove" something to some person who obviously has no regard for animal rights

babybump87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM

oh, and lets not forget, me actually seeing them "shoot their horses up"

ain-gell72
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I am for animal rights, let me make that perfectly clear to you right now. I have been searching for neglect done to horses at the place where I went and I can not find any abuse, yes- I did find some cases of it, but not where i went. you sound like you want me to feel guilty that I went and had a good time, but I won't!

not all horse owners abuse their horses.

Quoting babybump87:

well, seeing as how i ued to work for a horse racing track for a couple of months( then quit because of what i saw) i know what i am talking about, hearing the owners talk about what they use in their horses and how they like it whether or not it worked better than the last stuff the used and so on.... but sorry, iguess from now on i should have my camera in my freakin pocket at every moment just incase i need to "prove" something to some person who obviously has no regard for animal rights

babybump87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM

well of course, anyone should feel gulity for going to horse races. even if they dont drug their horse, the physical abuse the horses suffer is enough to make me cringe. let me jump on your back and beat you with a whip so you will run faster, thats after i make you run 25 miles a day...

ain-gell72
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM

don't you have a *pity me* post to worry about? again, I will not feel guilty or be pushed into feeling guilty for the fun I had, and your starting to piss me off with this. go watch your own post.

Quoting babybump87:

well of course, anyone should feel gulity for going to horse races. even if they dont drug their horse, the physical abuse the horses suffer is enough to make me cringe. let me jump on your back and beat you with a whip so you will run faster, thats after i make you run 25 miles a day...

babybump87
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:29 AM

well, its good to see that you are at a loss for words on the horse racing issue becasue all you can do now is attack me and be hateful, well done, you are super mature. i applaud how grown up you are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)