• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone had a VBAC?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

My DH and I have 3 kids but we'd like one more.  My DD was born vaginally and my twins were born by c-section.  I would like to avoid having another c-section because I was in so much pain and I had a lot of swelling and bruising.  I'm still not back to my old self and my twins are almost 9 months old.  Plus, we are thinking about trying when our boys turn 2 so I can't possibly imagine how I am going to take care of them and a new baby if I have a c-sec. I didn't have the same worries this last time because my DD only lived for a month so I wasn't having to take care of her when my twins were born.

Anyhoo, if you had a VAC, how did yours go? Did you have any problems? Did your doctor do it or did you have to find a new one? I've heard that not all doctors are comfortable with the risks and yes, I am well aware of the risks involved.  I've been thinking about this for quite some time and have read up on it but I've never actually talked to someone who's had one.  Thanks ladies!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momofne
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I had a Vbac for my second boy and didn't have any problems. I was lucky and had a good doctor that had no problems with trying to have one. He did stress to keep in mind that it may not "work". From what I hear it depends alot on your doctor but sometimes it depends on your insurance too. So I would check that out. Could there be any problems because you had twins before?I think one of the things that helped me was I tried to keep my weight in check and stayed fit (or at least as good as possible LOL). I know there are many Vbac moms on here. Have you looked into any of the group? Best of luck : )

ribblettmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I did check out a group.  Thanks so much for your advice.  I didn't even think about checking with my insurance to see if its covered.  I had my twins by c-section because my doctor told me that its generally the safest way to deliver mulitples and because they were born at 28 weeks and I was scared that a vaginal delivery might have caused more problems.  The c-section ened up being exactly what I needed.  My twin B was breech so I would have ended up delivering one of them by c-section anyways.

iheartmyshaman
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I was scheduled for a c-section with my second-born because I was nervous about having a VBAC too.  Then when I was in labor, there was already a woman getting a c-section in surgery.  By the time the room was ready for me, I was dilated 10cm!  So I just gave birth vaginally.

I had an epidural and couldn't feel a thing, it was easy and I was out of the hospital the next day.  I felt really great compared to my c-section, too.  I'm glad I did it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)