Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they didnt get themselves pregnant you know

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

i see and hear people talking about young girls getting pregnant and how "shameful" it is. how they should have waited and jusst alot ofbad talk about the girls. ive even heard people talk about needing to ship them off to other schools once they get pregnant!! THEY DIDNT GET THEMSELVES PREGNANT YOU KNOW WHY DOESNT ANYONE TALK CRAP ABOUT THE BOYS THAT GOT THEM THIS WAY?? yes the girls could have taken precautions BUT what if they did and it didnt work thats how i got baby number three. and you know the boys could be more responsible too. i fully plan on teaching my boys about abtinance(sp) and safe sex and so forth. and if i have a girl she will be taught the same. BOTH parties are responsible NOT just the girl GAH!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nikkiJ86
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Amen to that!

kittymeri
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM

because they dont realize that if that teen girl decides to go for child support on their son, that until their son's 18th birthday his parents are the ones ordered to pay it.

GabrielRiley
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I agree some people only blame the girls and they definitely didn't do it to themselves.

Penelopie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I think its funny(not as in haha) that parents would rather their child tell them anything except that they are pregnant. Like, they smoked pot, or got suspended from school, failed a class,  got arrested for drunk driving, etc.  To bring a life into the world is a beautiful and wonderful thing.  All children are precious.  I am not saying all teens should go get pregnant, but it happens.  These little babies come into such a negative situation.  I know that if my son ever comes to me with this problem I will support him in every way and the person having my grandchild(BTW I am 36 yrs old and my first son is 5 months)

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I totally agree. Not enough responsiblity is put on these young men.

My son's will know, if something like that happens they will be just as responsible & their lives will change just the same as the girl they got pregnant.

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Not me, I'd beat them if they told me any of that stuff, LOL

Quoting Penelopie:

I think its funny(not as in haha) that parents would rather their child tell them anything except that they are pregnant. Like, they smoked pot, or got suspended from school, failed a class,  got arrested for drunk driving, etc.  Its out of control, to bring a life into the world is a beautiful and wonderful thing.  All children are precious.  I am not saying all teens should go get pregnant, but it happens.  These little babies come into such a negative situation.  I know that if my son ever comes to me with this problem I will support him in every way and the person having my grandchild(BTW I am 36 yrs old and my first son is 5 months)

Penelopie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Quoting mysteriousmom06:

Not me, I'd beat them if they told me any of that stuff, LOL

Quoting Penelopie:

I think its funny(not as in haha) that parents would rather their child tell them anything except that they are pregnant. Like, they smoked pot, or got suspended from school, failed a class,  got arrested for drunk driving, etc.  Its out of control, to bring a life into the world is a beautiful and wonderful thing.  All children are precious.  I am not saying all teens should go get pregnant, but it happens.  These little babies come into such a negative situation.  I know that if my son ever comes to me with this problem I will support him in every way and the person having my grandchild(BTW I am 36 yrs old and my first son is 5 months)

Exactly, these are example of bad things.  Having a baby isn't even nearly the same thing then your kid being in trouble or on drugs.  I hope there are more people that feel this way

Krissy21
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Oh thank GOD someone said it! I was 14 when I got pregnant and he got away on a clean slate wile I get no support from him and had to finish both middle school and high school wile raising my son. And got double teamed from my ma,grandma and his parents like I just laid up and got pregnant all by myself!!

He ran around telling everyone the baby wasn't  his and now that he's "grown up" he try and use the "I was young and stupid" excuse....I WAS YOUNG TOO! But I didn't run away from my son.

I promise myself that I will teach my son that if anything like that ever happen to him that he have no excuse to leave any girl raising his child wile he run around doing nothing for them.

I will teach him to wait or at least use protection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)