Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which one do you say?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you call it a barbeque or cookout?

Options:

barbeque

cookout

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

Barbeque or cookout?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bets85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I say both and sometimes Grilling........ cuz well Ima hick lol

christina0607
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:43 AM

If there are people coming over its a cookout. If we are going to cook for ourselves we are "grilling" that night. It's never a barbecue...that's a sauce.

nikkiJ86
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Oh,I don't call it a barbeque.I call it a cookout.But I've noticed a lot of people say barbeque.

Quoting christina0607:

If there are people coming over its a cookout. If we are going to cook for ourselves we are "grilling" that night. It's never a barbecue...that's a sauce.

styler7
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I use any term the refers to food on a grill. BBQ, cookout, Grill..... not one specific word :)

christina0607
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I know they do...but they're wrong...lol.

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Oh,I don't call it a barbeque.I call it a cookout.But I've noticed a lot of people say barbeque.

Quoting christina0607:

tornintwo
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Ummm..I resemble that remark...L.O.L.

I'm from Cali.. It's a BBQ !!!

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Quoting christina0607:

savedbygrace316
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Same here but I'm a KS girl so it's normal lol

Quoting Bets85:

I say both and sometimes Grilling........ cuz well Ima hick lol

CafeMom Tickers
savedbygrace316
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Barbecue or barbeque (common slang) [1] (with abbreviations BBQ, Bar-B-Q and Bar-B-Que; diminutive form barbie, used chiefly in Australia & New Zealand; and called Braai in South Africa) is a method and apparatus for cooking food, often meat, with the heat and hot gases of a fire, smoking wood, or hot coals of charcoal and may include application of a marinade, spice rub, or basting sauce to the meat. The term as a noun can refer to the cooking apparatus itself, or to a party that includes such food. The term as an adjective can refer to foods cooked by this method. The term is also used as a verb for the act of cooking food in this manner. Barbecue is usually cooked in an outdoor environment heated by the smoke of wood or charcoal. Restaurant barbecue may be cooked in large brick or metal ovens specially designed for that purpose.

Quoting tornintwo:

Ummm..I resemble that remark...L.O.L.

I'm from Cali.. It's a BBQ !!!

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Quoting christina0607:

CafeMom Tickers
treysmama06
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Its neither lol ... its Grillin!! 

nikkiJ86
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:15 PM

So you say,I'm going to a grillin'?

Quoting treysmama06:

Its neither lol ... its Grillin!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)