Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you have your tubes tied??

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM
  • 34 Replies

Dh & I decided that we are done having kids & since my son will be born via c-section anyways I was thinking of having my OB tie my tubes while she's in there! lol :) Any advice?? Pros/Cons of having it done?? Thanks ladies!

in lovetoddler girlexpecting boy

*~Wife to Jeremi, Mommy to Madelyn & expecting Spencer August 4th~*

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I would do my own research. Here is a bump.

midwestgirl1972
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I had mine tied also right after the c-section. Great idea!

kno4eva
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:41 PM

bump

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

mommyofa147
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM

i had mine tied after my last was born and now i wish i didn't do. I want one more baby and i have had alot of problems after it was done. before i had it done my periods where 4 days and light but now there 7 days or more and really bad i have alot of pain. and for the first 2 or three days of my period i can't drive do to being dizzy and everything it sucks and i wish i didn't get it done i no alot of people that wish they where have not got it done. i hope this helps

LisaKelz
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Quoting mommyofa147:

i had mine tied after my last was born and now i wish i didn't do. I want one more baby and i have had alot of problems after it was done. before i had it done my periods where 4 days and light but now there 7 days or more and really bad i have alot of pain. and for the first 2 or three days of my period i can't drive do to being dizzy and everything it sucks and i wish i didn't get it done i no alot of people that wish they where have not got it done. i hope this helps

thank you! i know everyone has different side affects, etc...I was just wanting to get some personal experiences so I know what questions to ask my dr :)

wilesmomma
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I would recommend getting him snipped instead. Healing is faster and if you ever change your mind it's easier to reverse! 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

NiekaC
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM

My mother had them tied after the 6th baby ( i know its a lot)

but she regreted it because not only did the hormone inbalance make her blow up, but she was unable to have more children. Ide talk to a doctor to get all the side affects

BigOlMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I don't have mine tied, although I would like to. I'm only 22 & was told I would have to have counseling if I was serious about it. I decided to wait until I'm 30, because I don't want to end up regretting having it done so young. I'm 99.9% positive that I am finished having children, & if I still feel this way when I'm 30, I will get it done.

angelmom080
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

i had a post about this not very long ago...let me find the link & you can read the replies i got.

MAyers
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I'm not old enough to get my tubes tied but after I'm old enough I will be getting them tied. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)