• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mucus Plug at 20 weeks? (PIOG) *UPDATE*

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

A little while ago I noticed a large glob of discharge after I used the restroom.  It was slightly tinged yellow and resembled mucus from a nose, but it was not something you could dissolve.  It was somewhat firm and rubbery.  There was no pink or red or brown coloration.

I just called L&D and spoke to a nurse who told me to monitor any baby movement or cramping/contractions.  I felt the baby move maybe once this morning, about an hour before I expelled the discharge.  I'm afraid the mucus may have been my mucus plug, but I'm only 20 weeks.

Has this happened to anyone before?  I'm really nervous and she told me to call back if anything changes.  Ugh...

UPDATE: Thanks for the advice, ladies.

I still don't have any cramping, etc.  I think I did feel baby move during lunch, but it wasn't and vigorous as normal.  It was just a little tap when normally I feel pretty strong movement.  I'm still not sure it was baby.

Also, I did have more discharge that was clearer and more like snot than the rubbery stuff that came out earlier.  I noticed maybe 15 minutes ago a strange vibrating/pulsing sensation on my left side just below my rib cage.  I was nervous it was a contraction but it hasn't repeated.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sk_tennyson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Mucus plugs can fall out and grow back many times.

You've just experienced.... cheeseburger crotch 

Visit my store! I make cloth diapers, quilts, & childrens clothing!

kylesmommy2008
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

LOL!!!!!!

Quoting sk_tennyson:

Mucus plugs can fall out and grow back many times.

You've just experienced.... cheeseburger crotch 

Gizzy22
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

It could have been your plug but the plug can form back up from what i have heard. BUt i ahve had that kind of discharge the entire pregnancy on and off also and i dont believe i have lost my plug.. At least not yet..

aliciaqw
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM

update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)