Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$520 a month for 2 days a week?!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so I am going to start work soon, DHs grandma is going to watch the kids 3 days a week, which means I have to find a daycare that does part time.  The only one I found was $30 a day for DD and $35 a day for DS. Is that too much?  I am currently a SAHM but will be working and that just seems like sooooo much to me!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShadowRaven
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM

We can't afford daycare period, so I have no idea lol. Here's a bump.

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

miasmom929
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM

That sounds about right ...my coworker I think pays 600 a month for her two kids to go part time!

hannahsmommy321
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM

us either hubby and  i work oppisite shifts

Quoting ShadowRaven:

We can't afford daycare period, so I have no idea lol. Here's a bump.

CafeMom Tickers

BigOlMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Depending on your family's income, you can get aid from the state to help pay for daycare. I don't know any of the facts, since my son stays home with me, but I know others who have had the cost fully covered, & some who have it partially covered. Worth looking into at least. & like I said, I don't know about daycare costs or anything like that, but I do think that is A LOT of money per month. That's almost as much as my mortgage payment!

mommy2angels427
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I think it is a lot... then again it depends on the area..... many daycare centers give 2nd child discounts... locally our YMCA does school age children for $220 for 2 full weeks... good luck to you.

lilyrose73
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM

That sounds about right.  When I was working I payed $60 a day for my 2 kids. 

TiredMommy6906
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I don't know where you're from, but when I did research for my daughter, that was about what private home child care charges. The way the home child care worked was 3.50 an hour, up to 30 or 35 dollars per day, depending on the age of the child. If you go to a center, they charge much more, because they have more bills to pay. For a center to watch my daughter 3 days a week for 3 hours a day, it would have been over 600 dollars a month. I live in Oregon, but i know in areas where the average income is higher, the child care is more expensive.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

We looked at a program that was 3 days a week from 8:30am-11:30am and they wanted $420 for just my son, who would be 26 months when he started. 

proud-mom-two-kids.gif                                                                         Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam 7/07 (IUGR) and Molly 06/08 (IUGR,  Developmental Delays, Pre-Natal Stroke) and Wife to Mark since 2006.

nikkiJ86
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM

That is the normal price.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Sounds about right. The more days a week you go, the cheeper the rate.

Also it depends on the area you live and the cost of living and salary rates. For me being recently unemployed, It is not worth the daycare, if I do not make $15 hr or so. You have to look at employment compaired to the rate of childcare also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)