Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beach Trip Advice

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi ladies!

What items are a must for taking your baby to the beach? Any tips on packing light? Or have you tried any new products that are a must-have? What can you not go to the beach without? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ethansmom85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:12 PM

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535643&cmSource=Search

This is AWESOME...keeps the sun out, they can crawl around in it with their toys, AND if its windy, you dont have to worry about sand getting in their eyes, just put the sides down to keep the sand out. Kind of a piece of mind type thing.

NiekaC
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:22 PM

50+ sunblock

water

light blanket to lay/ sit on

sand toys

sandles a must( seakers & sand dont mix)

a book, mp3 player, a friend

& some fruit ( apples, peaches, water melon, grapes) & a sandwich( subs are great)

small cooler

momofne
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Sunblock, snacks, water, change of clothing, hat, umbrella and wipes! Have fun : )

austinsm0mmy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:02 PM

also put you sun block on before you leave too the beach that way sand doesn't stick too them and it gives the sunblock a chance to form a protective barrier.

other than that - what other people said.  I usually bring a couple extra hats because somewhere during the day at least one child will try and us his hat to hold either sand or water.

denise22
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I brought my nice baby carriage to the little lake beach we have here in town bc I could put him in it w/ the sun roof on him and contain him when he was all over the place.  I fed him in it and let him have his naps in it.  I liked that I could carry all my junk in the bottom (towels, extra clothes, toys, sun block, small cooler).  A real beach might be tough cuz of the sand and it might be tricky to wheel the carriage.  They sell cool baby pop up tents for the beach to keep the sun off them and give them a place to rest.  You'll need to have that and a really good hat for the baby to keep the sun off him or her.  Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)