Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, so my daughter fell last night on the concrete and hit her lip.  She cut it and it was bleeding.  Before bed I put a little A&D on the cut.  This morning when she got up there was like a yellowish film over the cut, kind of like puss, and it is still there.  I dabbed peroxide on it, and it bubbled pretty good, but the film is still there.  I am just wondering if it is infected this soon?  It happened at 8 o'clock last night, it seems fast for an infection, and it is not red around it.  Is this normal?  With it being Sunday I can't go into the doc, and I am not sure if they are open tomorrow, so any help would be appreciated until I can get a hold of the Ped.  Thanks Ladies! 

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Does your insurance or hospital have an ask a nurse line. I use one all the time for small injuries or sicknesses before I take my kids to urgent care. They also have those CVS and Walgreens walk-in clinics if you have a high urgent care fee.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Why would you put A and D on a cut? It's diaper cream.... but anyways, when I use A and D on the kids butts, it seems to turn a little yellow after time... so maybe the A and D just left a film. I would put some antibiotic cream on it... not diaper cream.

proud-mom-two-kids.gif                                                                         Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam 7/07 (IUGR) and Molly 06/08 (IUGR,  Developmental Delays, Pre-Natal Stroke) and Wife to Mark since 2006.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:31 PM

A&D says for dr rash, cuts, burns.

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

Why would you put A and D on a cut? It's diaper cream.... but anyways, when I use A and D on the kids butts, it seems to turn a little yellow after time... so maybe the A and D just left a film. I would put some antibiotic cream on it... not diaper cream.

ShadowRaven
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Is it actual puss? A&D ointment has a yellowish tint to it. It could be from where you put it on last night and it dried. I did that a few weeks ago when ds had a really bad rash and the air dried it to a film. I had to scrape/rub the film off. Also, when I use it for diaper rash, there's always a yellow film on the inside of his diaper the next time I go to change him.

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

kandibaby1030
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Yeah, and it actually works well on cuts and scrapes!  I try to use A&D before I use antibiotic ointment.  I guess it could just be from the A&D but I am not sure because i have wiped it and it is still there.  I have also put the peroxide on it and also bacitracin..  But thanks!

Quoting Mamamanic:

A&D says for dr rash, cuts, burns.

Quoting Mom2LiamNMolly:

Larsbug
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:43 PM

a think yellowish film is actually good! that means that's it's starting to heal... and don't worry A&D ointment is perfectly fine for cuts and such, that's what you put on tattoos when they are healing.

kandibaby1030
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Thanks, Mama! :o)

Quoting Larsbug:

a think yellowish film is actually good! that means that's it's starting to heal... and don't worry A&D ointment is perfectly fine for cuts and such, that's what you put on tattoos when they are healing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)