Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ticks & pregnancy

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was out all day yesterday & when I got home I took a shower, washing myself I found a tick attached to my hip, that sucker was huge, & red, I guess he'de been there for a while. well I pulled him off & screamed like a little sissy girl & did the bug dance, in the shower almost busted my face on the soap holder.

ANYWAYS, I know that tick are known to carry disease, my husband told me i should have saved the tick, But come on , that thing looked so spider like only about the size of a grain of rice, EWWWWW!

I want to mak a doctors appt to get checked out, but Im not sure how long it would take for me to know if im " sick" or not. & if i am you think It would affect the babY? ( im 12 weeks)

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
a.opat
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:01 PM

its called lyme desease and its not really as common as what you'd think. you really dont have to get a dr's apt not unless you in a week or so find a bullseye rash in the spot you had the tick.

http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/lyme-disease-topic-overview

here's a link with more information

This year ticks are just really bad. if you plan to be out where there is tall grass or working around trees i suggest getting an outdoor bugspray and useing it mainly around the bottom pant legs and on your head

This is part of the reason why i wear jeans and boots year round.

NiekaC
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I was wearing jeans It hooked on right above the waist, that damn sucker

Quoting a.opat:

its called lyme desease and its not really as common as what you'd think. you really dont have to get a dr's apt not unless you in a week or so find a bullseye rash in the spot you had the tick.

http://arthritis.webmd.com/tc/lyme-disease-topic-overview

here's a link with more information

This year ticks are just really bad. if you plan to be out where there is tall grass or working around trees i suggest getting an outdoor bugspray and useing it mainly around the bottom pant legs and on your head

This is part of the reason why i wear jeans and boots year round.

a.opat
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Yea they like sug places like the panty line, bra line or, sock line or any crevises like the armpits, behind the knees  behind the ears and on the scalp. its sucks that we havent had very bad winters lately because that is what keeps them from getting so thick. another thing is that you should always remember to take them off with tweezers to ensure that you get the head.

Pblu9207
by on May. 25, 2009 at 2:33 AM

I've started a group on lyme disease in pregnancy at http://www.kansaslymefighters.com/

Peninah

Mother of four children --all of us with lyme disease

kelpresmommy
by on May. 25, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Id go ahead and make an app due to there is another disease they carry i cant remember the name of it but a 7 year old little girl died from around my area not to long along and since ticks are bad this year my news station has been warining about it like crazy.

syptoms start with cold like syptoms, then changes to flu like, then you have organ failure.

I am 12 weeks alson and I wouldnt take any chances when it came to my unbrn babies health, my health, let alne my childrens health and well being.......so i wuld go get checked exspecially if yu start getting the syptoms.

typingmom of 3 angels, full time college student, smoking mom 'outside though', non drinking, vacinating, breast feeding, bottle feeding, pro life, democrat, simi co sleeping, disposable diapers, single mom, run my own home, hard working, unemployed for now,loves to save money on everything if applicable, never been married, proud to of had my babies out of wed lock, my kids are not bastard kids, OH AND I TEND TO SPEAK MY MIND.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)