• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age should this concern me?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

If my 4 year old still wets the bed, when I should I start to get really concerned about his bed-wetting problem and take him into the doc and make sure there isn't a medical issue or use an alarm system to help him wake up at night and keep himself dry? Does he have to actually be 5 or should I start to worry shortly before he hits that age mark?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
treysmama06
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM

sorry but im not sure .... i know there are some 4 yr olds that are not even potty trained yet but heres a  BUMP for u

vanessa5470
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:04 PM

You should start crackin on that ASAP. Take him to the doctor, start setting an alarm, try limiting drinks before bed, etc. There's no need to wait to help and solve the problem.

As a kindergarten teacher, all 5 year olds are expected to know how to use the bathroom on their on, without any help (of course there are exceptions).

LeanneC
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Quoting vanessa5470:

You should start crackin on that ASAP. Take him to the doctor, start setting an alarm, try limiting drinks before bed, etc. There's no need to wait to help and solve the problem.

As a kindergarten teacher, all 5 year olds are expected to know how to use the bathroom on their on, without any help (of course there are exceptions).

Shes talking bedwetting, not potty training.

My brother wore diapers to bed until he was 6 and outgrew it.  Some kids just take longer than others to mature.

Stacy16309
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:30 PM
some take a while to outgrow it I never wet the bed as my mom says but my sister had problems up till 8 or 9 some bladders just do not grow as fast if your worried no harm in asking the doctor
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)