Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More things that i can do with my 2.5 yr old ????

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son knows his ABC's, count to 15 , knows his colors, can spell his first name but sill knows his whole name ! He loves learning new things and im kinda stuck on how to teach him somethings ! I have these flash cards that have pics of ...ball,tree,car ect and the words on the other side of the card but how to i teach him to spell it ! Do i just go over them everyday like i have been doing? I want it to be fun not just plan boring ! How do u make learning for ur toddler fun ??

by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Rebel1985
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:49 PM

go for walks around the neighborhood, take him to the zoo, read to him. These are just examples I could think of. Flash cards are good, but seeing things in person could be better. Just remember that his attention span is short and he might get bored easy.

treysmama06
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Rebel1985:

go for walks around the neighborhood, take him to the zoo, read to him. These are just examples I could think of. Flash cards are good, but seeing things in person could be better. Just remember that his attention span is short and he might get bored easy.

yeah i will try that ! Thanx ! I know he gets bored really fast that y i need new ideas lol

mayzell
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM

puzzles,sing along learning cds.

Seven07
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I am running out of things to do with my dd, but we paint a lot and cook she also ABC's and counts and has started on reading small words and she knows all the animals, animal sounds, body parts and their function (like heart, brain, stomach).  I am having a hard time at it right now, but I try to get her out for exercise for a few hours everyday.

workinfromhome8
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I actually joined a homeschooling group on here for preschoolers.  they list websites that are GREAT!!!  I have my 3 year old writing her name.  I will pm you with some webistes.

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

savedbygrace316
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I would get a US map and start learning the states then move on to a world map.  I saw a little boy on Regis and Kelley who could name all the countries and capitals just by looking at their shapes.  I can't remember his age but I don't think he was any older than 5.  It was pretty amazing.  For spelling I would cut out foam letters so he can arrange them and learn it that way.

CafeMom Tickers
mybabygirl32406
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:40 PM

love this sight it teaches sounds for the letters and my daughter now 3 is reading with me from this sight. we practice reading and writing now also learning address and phone number :) http://www.starfall.com/

mybabygirl32406
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM

i joined a group like that today to. I'm still searching for great sights i love the starfall. i googled a few others but had no time to really check them out today. im excited also i got my daughter writing her name too :) working on phone number..lol my daughter is also 3 :)

Quoting workinfromhome8:

I actually joined a homeschooling group on here for preschoolers.  they list websites that are GREAT!!!  I have my 3 year old writing her name.  I will pm you with some webistes.

treysmama06
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Quoting mybabygirl32406:

love this sight it teaches sounds for the letters and my daughter now 3 is reading with me from this sight. we practice reading and writing now also learning address and phone number :) http://www.starfall.com/

thanx i checked that site out and i love it lol !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)