Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are they safe or will they get sick?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 7 year old son gave me 6 yr old and 2 yr old  what I believe to mulberry's because the neighbor kid said  they are healthy... However they are no where near ripe they are green..  Here is a pic of one of them. not very clear sorry.. I know you can eat mulberry's when they are ripe but what about when they are still green..

by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I would assume that they would do the same thing any other not ripe fruit or berry would do...just make you sick to your tummy...but im not for sure. I have a mulberry tree in my yard and i refuse to eat the things lol! My dogs do and get tummy aches

CSRodriguez
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:19 PM

oh crap   I would call poison control  are you sure they are mulberries    Idk   how many did they eat      Oh crap kids !

Photobucket
tanya_marieh
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I looked up what I could and everything said it was fine but that they would taste extremely bitter.  (that's if it's mulberry.)

dani28
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I looked up what I could and everything said it was fine but that they would taste extremely bitter.  (that's if it's mulberry.)

Yeah pretty sure.. it looks just like the one in the pic below that is still green.. My son said it tasted kinda like a Grape..

Devoted Wives

Come join my Group. It is for anyone who knows what it is like to have a Husband or Significant other that is Disabled or seriously injured, Making drastic changes for them and their family for the rest of their lives.. We can support each other through these hard times.. You are not alone , and you don't have to be.

You can always find My group with the following URL:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/devoted-wives 

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM

If they ate a ton of unripe mulberries, (they are mulberries) they might get diarrhea or gas, but otherwise they will be fine.  I would make sure to go around your yard and possibly your neighbors yard with the kids and show them the things they must NOT eat if there are any poisonous berries or plants around.  Its good to know what is safe and what is not. 

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

barb1959
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I have them in my yard. I have not eaten them green so I dont know. Maybe give them a tummy ache.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)