• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Throwing up after being given Cheese...Help please!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 8 month year old son was given a piece of Feta....it's goat cheese, and now he's throwing up.  I know that you're supposed to steer clear of Dairy for the first year or so, I didn't give it to him.  He's thrown up twice already.....help.  Will it calm down on it's own after his stomach calms down or should we give him juice????

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
3armycuties
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I would give him water and see if that helps. If he keeps throwing up, I might call a nurse line or something and see what they say. Good luck and I hope he feels better soon.

Rosesandlilys
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:16 PM

You might want to consider the ER.  Usually if they vomit after eating something new its a sign of severe allergic reaction. But then again, if he stops vomiting and dosent show any other signs of allergy, it may just be that the cheese aggrivated his tummy (gosh that stuff aggrivates MY tummy) and he needed to get it out of there. Also watch for other signs of allergic reaction such as blood in vomit or stool, swelling around eyes face and mouth, and hives.

rkoloms
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Dairy is an allergy trigger food and should not be given to a child before age 1. Keep him hydrated; nurse often, and it will pass. If the cheese is from unpasturized milk, call your doctor for guidance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)