Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training anyone?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

I was wondering if yall mommys could help me..../.. my daughter is gonna be 15mth on the 28th... she already brings me a diaper when she has peed or pooped and not on subject but takes me to her crib when its night time and nap time. I was wondering how do i start potty training she is my only daughter and i have no clue when to start or even how......

and advice

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatumsmommy0123
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:45 PM

My DD is only 13 months, so I dont know...BUMP

reflection2067-1.gif picture by straightupmama

workinfromhome8
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM

THis is what i did.  I have 3 kids and all of them started potty training at different ages. 

First of all go to walmart(or wherever you go) and let her pick out her underware and make it a big deal.  she will not want to ruin them if they are her pretty new panties.

get a little potty chair cause 15 months is too small to try and climb on the toilet.

let her run around in her panties, let her have messes and tell her what happened.  make sure to sit her on the potty after she messes so she gets where it is suppost to go.  this may take a while and get frustrating but ihonestly found this the easiest way.  my son picked it up (pooping and all in a week). 

make a HUGE DEAL when she does go in the potty. jump up and down clap call someone and let her hear you telling them!!  They love this and it makes them feel like they are getting it.

since she is only 15 months i would get at least 3 packs of undies cause she will go through them.

she will have accidents it is not a fool proof thing.  but just stick with it cause it really does sound like she is ready.

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

treysmama06
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM

15m and a girl.... i dunno lol ! With my son at 19 months i started potty training him ! Get some pull-ups and try its all worth a try ! Good luck !!! 

missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:54 PM

This is what i did. My DD is 21 months and about 90% potty trained...one thing i would NOT do is get pull ups. They tend to confuse some kids, and its just like a diaper to them (my Ds is a prime example of that)....some days like today, my DD STILL has accidents, but its a learning process for them as well as us. Good luck!

ETA: i started PT her after her 15m well check up and have been working with her off and on since i introduced the potty chair at 11 montsh

Quoting workinfromhome8:

THis is what i did.  I have 3 kids and all of them started potty training at different ages. 

First of all go to walmart(or wherever you go) and let her pick out her underware and make it a big deal.  she will not want to ruin them if they are her pretty new panties.

get a little potty chair cause 15 months is too small to try and climb on the toilet.

let her run around in her panties, let her have messes and tell her what happened.  make sure to sit her on the potty after she messes so she gets where it is suppost to go.  this may take a while and get frustrating but ihonestly found this the easiest way.  my son picked it up (pooping and all in a week). 

make a HUGE DEAL when she does go in the potty. jump up and down clap call someone and let her hear you telling them!!  They love this and it makes them feel like they are getting it.

since she is only 15 months i would get at least 3 packs of undies cause she will go through them.

she will have accidents it is not a fool proof thing.  but just stick with it cause it really does sound like she is ready.

workinfromhome8
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I totally agree!!!  I went out and bought all of those with my oldest and he just used them as diapers.  the only way i buy them now is for "night night diapers" and that is simply cause they seem to hold more if he does go at night(which he does).  THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY!!

Quoting missamanda86:

This is what i did. My DD is 21 months and about 90% potty trained...one thing i would NOT do is get pull ups. They tend to confuse some kids, and its just like a diaper to them (my Ds is a prime example of that)....some days like today, my DD STILL has accidents, but its a learning process for them as well as us. Good luck!

ETA: i started PT her after her 15m well check up and have been working with her off and on since i introduced the potty chair at 11 montsh

Quoting workinfromhome8:

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

lacygurl2326
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM

my son is 20 months and he doesnt bring me a diaper when he's wet or dirty but i've bought a potty just so it'll be visible and i kinda plan to ween him on it.  he's pee'd in it twice...i put him on it tho. once after his bath and once right when he woke up. he doesnt really get it yet though lol so im not much help

missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I guess i got lucky, because i dont even have to use them at night with my DD....we have a couple left over from Ds because sometimes he gets mad at us and will NOT getup and go potty (he will literally sit in his bed and PISS) so we 'pretend' to put a diaper on him...

Quoting workinfromhome8:

I totally agree!!!  I went out and bought all of those with my oldest and he just used them as diapers.  the only way i buy them now is for "night night diapers" and that is simply cause they seem to hold more if he does go at night(which he does).  THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY!!

workinfromhome8
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I am sorry, I nkow that is horrible.  But when you say it like that is hilarious!!!

ds wears them at night, but if he does have an accident in them while he is sleeping he starts bawling!  he just doesn't wake up in time!  he is only 2 though.

Quoting missamanda86:

I guess i got lucky, because i dont even have to use them at night with my DD....we have a couple left over from Ds because sometimes he gets mad at us and will NOT getup and go potty (he will literally sit in his bed and PISS) so we 'pretend' to put a diaper on him...

Quoting workinfromhome8:

MY HERO!                               

mybabygirl32406
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM

yup best way to go. only use pull ups at bed time nap time but if you want full force potty training put her panties on the pull ups she will wake if she wets. but i would wait at least 2 good weeks before doing that being her age. i also did use our toilet but i got step stool and potty seat on it, my daughter loved getting up and down to potty. plus was so much easier for us. if you really stick with her the first 5 days mainly 3 days she will stay dry. first day get up go straight to potty. reward put panties on and because of her age i would every 15 minutes walk her to potty being excited about it. keep her eating and drinking lots try to get her to poop on potty . other words you will get nothing done for few days but i bet by day 2 she will be staying dry. first day is so she learns to pee and poop in potty. if she has accident get her to potty try again clean up in bathroom. just have to watch her if she is having lots of accidents she will regress and wont care if she is wet, this is why first few days you want to take her. do not ask her if she has to go . you say lets go pee pee like big girl. never ask . they will say no they want to play..lol i have the 3 day e book if you would like it it worked for me. its lots of time and wow was i worn out but so worth those few days. good luck hope you understand this im on lap top cant see thing and sick bad..ughhh

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting workinfromhome8:

missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:07 PM

It kinda is funny, but then not lol! Especially when HE has to wash his sheets

Quoting workinfromhome8:

I am sorry, I nkow that is horrible.  But when you say it like that is hilarious!!!

ds wears them at night, but if he does have an accident in them while he is sleeping he starts bawling!  he just doesn't wake up in time!  he is only 2 though.

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting workinfromhome8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)