Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about urine (maybe TMI)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

My urine has been lime green for the past two days. I read online about what causes it and it said foods like asparagus and also medications. I am not on any medications HOWEVER I just recently started a new vitamin (once a day women's) so my Q is... does anyone know if that could cause lime green urine? Or something else it could be?

I am a breastfeeding co-sleeping vaccinating disposable diapering part-time working online classes college student wife to one amazing man, mommy to two under two and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, let my kids CIO when appropriate , anti-death penalty, pro-life, and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
butterfly_mom81
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Quoting Brandy.B:

My urine has been lime green for the past two days. I read online about what causes it and it said foods like asparagus and also medications. I am not on any medications HOWEVER I just recently started a new vitamin (once a day women's) so my Q is... does anyone know if that could cause lime green urine? Or something else it could be?

that could be it........

Emily4536
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:21 PM

ummm I really not sure but here is a bump for you and maybe give the dr a call in a few days if  it isn't back to "normal" BTW i take one a day womens and my urine ins't lime green

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
medicmomof2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I would say its the vitamin. They tend to do that. Drink lots of water with it though. Even with a urine infection, I have NEVER seen lime green urine, so I wouldn't worry about that. And I have seen A LOT of them. Basically the vitamins in the vitamin are concentrated vitamins of the ones in green foods like asparagus, so that is probably what is causing it. (Does that make sense?)

Oh, and thanks a lot, one of my two fav colors is lime green. LOL

MissMelody85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Id be willing to bet it's the vitamin.  Drink more water and it will concentrate your urine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)