• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her mom commited suicide. I have a question?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  • 105 Replies

My brother has four kids. Three boys with his ex wife and a little girl with his most recent girlfriend. My niece Charlie (his daughter) was born may 12, she wasnt due until june 1. The mom of Charlie has had depression problems since before she ever concieved. She had PPD after Charlie was born on top of that and committed suicide on may 20. My brother will have her now, but he is still in shock from her death and is not even getting out of bed right now or talking to anyone, I have the baby until he is stable enough to get her back from me. Carries parents (charlies mom) refuses to give my brother or us any of charlies things saying that carrie bought them. So she has only a few outfits at my house right now.  He doesnt make alot and has 3 boys as well so doesnt have the money to buy the things she needs, but he is a great dad. My question is, is there anyway my brother can get some kind of help from somewhere to get clothes and other things for her? Things that she needs? anyone i can call to talk to about it until he is stable enough to do things on his own?

Update with new picture of Charlie.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Im sorry that your family has to go through that. Maybe try to put an add on craigslist or in a local group on here. Im sure there is someone out there willing to help you out.

Photobucket
Penelopie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I will pray for your family.  Where do you live? 

ladyhazel77
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:14 PM

That is so sad.  I hope everything works out for your brother and baby.  I'm not sure where he can get things for baby from.  Maybe he can have some kind of baby shower of some sort from family.  I don't understand why the baby's wouldn't want their grandchild to have the things the mom bought for Charlie. 

Tippidy2006
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Thank you so much for your prayers. We need lots of them. We live in georgia.

Quoting Penelopie:

I will pray for your family.  Where do you live? 

mymichelle2002
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Not to sound uncaring or mean because it's not meant to be but he better suck it up because her parents CAN take her away from him if he won't care for her. I'm pretty sure this ISN'T what he wants though. Won't give him her clothes because she bought them?????? Are you freaking serious. How petty and immature but these are the EXACT same type of people that will haul his ass to court.

Good will, salvation army, dollar stores have some baby clothes, garage sales. If he doesn't have/ make alot of money he should be able to apply for state aid.

Hope he feels better soon!

alwaysyoung
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Quoting vegepunkstr:

Im sorry that your family has to go through that. Maybe try to put an add on craigslist or in a local group on here. Im sure there is someone out there willing to help you out.

Larsbug
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM

this is probably going to come out NOT how I want it to but here it goes take it as you wish:

do they feel like they have some claim to the child even though daddy wants her? some people think that they should have the child to themselves because they weren't married.

are they keeping the stuff because they are going to try to get custody?

have they been able to visit Charlie? they must know that she needs things!

Also, i wish I had some stuff to send you, but I had a boy  :0( sorry!

Tippidy2006

Because they are harsh people. No joke. They tried to talk her into an abortion when they found out she was pregnant and begged her to give charlie up for adoption. They are just mean. They told my mom they would return everything before my brother got any of it.

Quoting ladyhazel77:

That is so sad.  I hope everything works out for your brother and baby.  I'm not sure where he can get things for baby from.  Maybe he can have some kind of baby shower of some sort from family.  I don't understand why the baby's wouldn't want their grandchild to have the things the mom bought for Charlie. 

ashley2004842

do you have a salvation army where you live? We have one here in Florida and they help a lot with everything

Tippidy2006
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:19 PM

They don't want her and don't want to help him out in anyway with things for her, even if its things carrie bought. They couldnt stand that my brother was with her, even though my brother is an awesome guy and an amazing dad, he has full custody of his three boys.

Quoting Larsbug:

this is probably going to come out NOT how I want it to but here it goes take it as you wish:

do they feel like they have some claim to the child even though daddy wants her? some people think that they should have the child to themselves because they weren't married.

are they keeping the stuff because they are going to try to get custody?

have they been able to visit Charlie? they must know that she needs things!

Also, i wish I had some stuff to send you, but I had a boy  :0( sorry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)