Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with my poor baby girl =0(

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 49 Replies

my DD has a horrible diaper rash. her entire genital area is red and all the way up her poor little bottom. she has had pretty watery diarrea today, and it won't get better. we have always used the same diapers without a problem and she is 13 months old. I have been useing perscription diaper rash cream, hydrocortozone cream, and powder with every change with no luck! i have even let her run around outside naked and had her in panies for a while. what should I try on her rash and how can I help stop her diarrea?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Try some vaseline on her butt

kfamilydaycare
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Butt Paste is what the pharmacy recommended for my daughter when she was little. She had a rash so bad it was bleeding. I do not recommend hydrocoritzone cream for a diaper rash.

alzornes
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM

I have hear of something that helps with diaper rashes (preventing them from the acid in babies pee) but nothing about diarrhea.  As far as cleaning up babies rash butt, try giving her a bath and put baking soda in the bath water.  Don't put a whole bunch but put some in with the bath water and let her soak for a while.  that sometimes works on my kids.  If it was her pee that was causing her diaper rash I would have suggested something that I learned that is kind of weird sounding but has worked for my son.  I learned that if you take the cheap tea bags (the ones without the staples in them) and put them in their diaper, it will soak up the acid in their pee and it won't irritate their bottom as much.  Also try using desitin creamy on her rash now and see if that helps.  I have found that that works best with my daughter when she gets sore butts.  Good luck and I hope it gets better!

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

HarleysMommy235
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM

A great home remedy that I swear by is browning flour in a frying pan. Use it like a powder after you put balmex or whatever you use on her. Wonderful cure-dries it right up. Also to relieve her, let her play in the tub for a while. Run her a warm bath and put corn starch-mix it up good, it tends to settle on the bottom of the tub. It wont hurt her if she gets any in her mouth. My daughter has terrible diaper rashes when she would get diarraeh and she got yeast infections a lot-this worked for her everytime. Keep her hydrated and you can actually give her a small teaspoon of pepto-it wont hurt her-see if that helps her diarraeh. Good luck and I hope your baby feels better soon.

==Be careful to let the flour cool well-it stays pretty warm for a while and it stinks while youre browning it-Low heat and keep moving it around-you'll see the color change-when its all brown-its done.

momof1.5
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Quoting kfamilydaycare:

Butt Paste is what the pharmacy recommended for my daughter when she was little. She had a rash so bad it was bleeding. I do not recommend hydrocoritzone cream for a diaper rash.

I took her to the Dr. last week for a rash on her rear and thighs and thats what they told me to use. This is still a continuation of that so I have been useing it incase it is an allergic reaction of some sort.

mykidsaremyall
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:09 AM

i swear by Lortimin AF for diaper rash of all kinds, and for the diarrhea, well i dont know why she is having diarrhea but a good rule is to stop all dairy and sugar, especially dairy. rice milk is a good substitution for now and pick a juice that has a low sugar content, or skip the juice and just give water or those emergen-c drinks until that problem goes away. if she is on formula and you just switched, switch back. if it is the same that you have been giving her, then dont switch, the switching may upset her tummy more. if she is eating any solids try to get some extra fiber in there. get some whole wheat bread or crackers let her snack away.

dannierae
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM

a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in the bath and putting vaseline on afterwards works wonders for a rash......and keep her changed frequently......my daughter had a really bad diaper rash like you described and i changed her diapers more than usual....i dont know how to help with the diarrea....but good luck i hope she gets better.

momof1.5
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:33 AM

I am trying the browned flour right now...she is so sore she won't even sleep =( Is there any baby anti diareal out there? I never really had a problem with my son and generally go by the rule"if it needs to come out let it" but her bottom is sooo sore I hate to have her suffer.

HarleysMommy235
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:42 AM

You can give her a little pepto-I used to give it my little one when she was that little-a small teaspoon or half that if it makes you nervous-something is better than nothing-I dont know if there is any baby anti diarreahal meds or not. I hope it helps. Corn starch in the bath too. I wouldnt do the baking soda-if you use too much, that could actually make her go more.

Quoting momof1.5:

I am trying the browned flour right now...she is so sore she won't even sleep =( Is there any baby anti diareal out there? I never really had a problem with my son and generally go by the rule"if it needs to come out let it" but her bottom is sooo sore I hate to have her suffer.

rkoloms
by on May. 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM

We are a few years out of diapers. What worked for us with diaper rash was a cream by Waleda (I think); just use anything that is petroleum-free; coconut oil would probably be best.

For the diarhea (and probably the rash, too), try eliminating dairy and wheat for at least a weekI suspect that the two may be related and part of a wheat or dairy sensitivity. Let me know if you need food and nutrition suggestions.

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)