Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How many oz. for a 1 month old?

Posted by on May. 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM
  • 18 Replies

Well i have a 1 month old baby and i am wonder how many oz, i can or have to give her, it's my second baby but my first i bf him only so i am not sure how many oz to feed her , she was eating 2 oz like every 2 or 3 hours, but lately she wants to eat more often so i was wonder if i have to give her more or what? What is normal for a 1 month old to eat and how often? Also during the night she is still eating every 2hours, is that ok? Thanks in advance.boy n girl

by on May. 31, 2009 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on May. 31, 2009 at 11:50 PM

That young you need to let them eat whenever they want and how ever much they want. 2-4 ozs are normal, but if baby wants more then let them be fat and happy LOL

midgewits
by on May. 31, 2009 at 11:52 PM

2-4 oz. every 3 hrs seems about right to me. It's so hard to remember. Oh yes the waking in the night to eat a bottle is perfectly normal.

mksgirl83
by on May. 31, 2009 at 11:58 PM

here is a little chart...its just an average, I think my daughter was eating around 3 oz every 2-3 hours when she was that age but its hard to remember since I was breastfeeding & FF...anyways heres the chart...remember its just an average or "outline"

http://similac.com/baby-formula/similac-advance-feeding-tips

mommy_jen
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM

if your baby seems hungry after what you give her, you should definitely give her more. my son was a little pig...he was taking 4-5 oz every 2-3 hours. he got really pudgy really fast but evened out once he started crawling and walking.

rileysmommy811
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I would just feed her when she seemed hungry.

I fed my daughter whenever she seemed hungry.

WheelersWife88
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 6:48 AM

My son ate and still is eating 3 oz every 2 hrs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
ShadowRaven
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 8:58 AM

My son was a pig lol. He was eating 6-8 ozs at every 2-3 hours from birth to 3 months. Then he started eating 6-8 ozs every hour, so his ped said it was time to start solids.

If it seems like her appetite has suddenly increased, she's probably going through a growth spurt, which will cause her to eat more. I remember ds went through one right about then too. And yes, she should still be waking up during the night. Anyone who says their baby was sleeping through the night at that age just got damn lucky lol.

Come join my group, The Speakeasy!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/TheSpeakeasy

Momof2girls3-4
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 9:35 AM

my babies at 4 oz every 3 hours at that age.

Ranee

RLugo
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM
My daughter ate 4oz every 2-3 hours at 1 month old.
mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2009 at 8:35 PM

my son is 5 months & he still only takes 2-3 ounces every 3 hours except abouy 7 during the night while he's sleeping.  at 2 weeks it was 1 ounce every 2 hours, but he was early.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN