Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on Miss Molly...

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

Well, still no diagnosis. On a good note, Molly seems to be getting a little bit better. The fevers are progressively going away and her lymph nodes have pretty much dissappeared!!! Though she does randomly have a fever today. She is still a bit tired and complains about her legs, back and belly hurting- but she seems to have a bit more energy than she did- she actually gets off of the couch and plays some!!! The doctor is convinced that it's either jra or lupus. She did test her blood for that, and didnt find anything too irregular about her blood. She says that with either of these it can be difficult to diagnose because they're looking for certain antibodies in your blood that are from either of these diseases. Well, I guess it can take quite a while for your body to build up these antibodies that they're looking for and basically they'll have to wait  it out to see if she has another "flare"-if that's what it was. If she does get sick again then they'll check it again right away and see if she's building these antibodies. So, she seems to be getting better in some areas, but at the same time she has some new things that are going on that are pretty scary. She had a seizure a week and a half ago, so the doctor is getting a ct scan and eeg set up. Thankfully this has only happened once. Last week she had a terrible bout with a stomach virus. She was throwing up and had diarrhea for 9 days- poor baby lost 4 pounds. She has gained most of it back now though. She has this weird reaction to the sun now, too. If she is outside for more than 20 minutes, she is really red like she has a BAD sunburn. I always have TONS of sunblock on her, she wears a hat and I keep her in the shade. I dont know what that is- just a crazy new symptom, I guess. Also I posted some weird pics a while ago of her eyes having the white reflex instead of red eye. We took her to the eye doctor and her eyes are PERFECT!!! No problems at all. He cant explain why her eyes show up white like they do, but there is nothing going on inside of them, so we are thrilled about that!  Well, I think I've brought you all pretty much up to date. Thanks so much for thinking of her! Keep praying! I'll update soon! Brandi  

by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommytoG
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Glad to hear that she is doing a little better. I hope that you find out something. I cant beleive that they still dont know whats going on with her. I would be furious and wouldnt leave until they could tell me what was wrong and would tell them I dont care  how much it cost, my child should be this sick for this long, and then stay.

GL momma

ChancesMommy07
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 4:16 PM

It took months for them to diagnose my son with JRA. I know its frustrating but at least she is feeling a little better. I will keep you both in my thoughts!

~Jessica~ Mommy of Two Angels, One in Heaven and One in My Arms

daisynmollysmom
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Quoting mommytoG:

Glad to hear that she is doing a little better. I hope that you find out something. I cant beleive that they still dont know whats going on with her. I would be furious and wouldnt leave until they could tell me what was wrong and would tell them I dont care  how much it cost, my child should be this sick for this long, and then stay.

GL momma

Maybe I'll have you call them!!! JK!!! We have been on their case since the whole thing started and they have done LOTS of different tests- probably more than we could count. I think they did drag their feet at first until they started getting concrete evidence in the bloodwork that something wasnt right. Since then they are taking it more serious. Hopefully we'll know something soon.

daisynmollysmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:36 AM

bump...for those of you looking for an update...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)