Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a BS degree and have a little to no experience in accounting. I took little training in peachtree and have a basic understanding of concepts of Accounting. I have had 3 paid internships during the summer of '05, '06, and '07. None of those interhsips gave me the challenges but instead they have had me doing clerical works around the offices. I've tried my hardest to find certificate programs such as MS office and Outlook and Quickbook. I've sent out many resumes over years and none of them would send email or call me. I just wanted to brush up my skills. I've been a SAHM for almost 3 years and I would love to go back to work, just part time to bring extra cash in my pocket. I have registered with Accountemps and even took their initial testings to see where I stand, but they wouldn't be able to help me because I have no experience in that area. It sucks not being able to use my degree that I went to college for 5 years for. I need to find another options but I don't know what. I can do Administrative Assistant and any office positions. Since I'm deaf, I can't be able to take phone call, so I don;t know what to do. PLEASE HELP!

Linda - Loving Mommy to Dezmond Jordan (11/30/06) & Zion Naje' EDD (9/10/09) It's a BOY!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:06 AM

You sound like me.  I spent five years getting a Bachelor's in Acct. to and can't get a job at all.  Just remember that jobs are very limited and very competitive right now.  Things will change and soon there will be more jobs and less competition and a better job will come along.  You will find businesses will me more willing to take someone with less experience and allow them to grow.

lizgriff
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Man I barely made it through one class of acct that was required. How can y'all do it? So much stuff. Sorry can't help you.

DeZsMaMa
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:14 AM

LOL!!! I love numbers, does it count? Thanks anyway...

Quoting lizgriff:

Man I barely made it through one class of acct that was required. How can y'all do it? So much stuff. Sorry can't help you.

Linda - Loving Mommy to Dezmond Jordan (11/30/06) & Zion Naje' EDD (9/10/09) It's a BOY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)