Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Birthday Help for Tomorrow!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hey all,

My daughter is turning 3 tomorrow. We had a wonderful weekend with a birthday party for each family. She got a couple of things, but she really isn't spoiled too much. This is the first year I am financially stable enough that I want to be able to treat her right. For her first birthday, I bought her a car seat. For her second birthday, I bought her a toddler bed.

I have not been able to have a special birthday for her yet. The first one my ex and I were splitting up. The second one the ex had just gone to prison. I want to make this birthday extra special to help make up for the fact that I have not been able to give this to her yet.

I have planning this since March. We were going to drive to Enchanted Forest (1 1/2 hours away). I bought her a digital camera (V Tech) so she could take her own pictures that I am going to give to her in the morning before we left. However, she has developed today, a bad cough and a sore throat. She doesn't have a fever though, or any other symptoms so far.

My question is do you think she would be able to make it through Enchanted Forest? It would require a good couple of hours outside though, which has me worried with the cough. If not, do you have any good ideas to make this birthday special and memorable and something she'll be able to take pictures of? She has taken pictures with my camera every inch of my house, with all of us wearing goofy costumes and silly faces.

In the evening, I am going to make a special dinner and cake. I really want this day to be about her and making her feel special. By the way, I live in Beaverton, Oregon if anyone knows anything nearby.

Thank you so much for reading this. I have seen how you ladies have helped so many other people and I would appreciate this also. :)

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mamamia819
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:20 AM

If she is not feeling well in the morning I would not take her on a trip like that...she will be miserable. I wouldn't stress out about it. She will have a great day just being with you. Sometimes less is more. You can still give her the camera. I'm sure that alonw will make her day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)