Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training.. Desprately need help!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM
  • 2 Replies

My daughter is 2 1/2 and i have another on on the way.. i'm only 17weeks but i know it comes up quick. I don't want to have two kids in diapers.. its disaster enought with only one.

How do i get my daughter to start telling me when she needs to go potty? any time i ask her she says yes and she'll go.. but she won't go poop in the toilet and never tells me.. i always have to ask.. idk what ways to go at this anymore.. should i just let her run around the house naked.. i mean i've tried just about everything.

The thing that sucks.. is that every week she switches houses. she's at my house for a week... then at her fathers for a week. And when i have her my husband is never home durring the days seeing how he's a marine and works a butt load.

If anyone has any suggestions and advice please.. i'll practically do anything right now.

♫¡Mrs. Aloura Owens!♫
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
AngelicaRenee
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I did the bare bottom method with my son. I actually just posted a journal about it if you wanted to check it out. And if you have any other questions feel free to ask me. Oh yeah, My son is only 20 months old too!

ZachNHannahsMom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:38 AM

I just want to say first, don't try to force her bc it is more convienant for you to not have two kids in diapers. *I know you never said anything about forcing her to*.

And secondly.....her father MUST be on board with your efforts to train her or it will NOT work. If he is not being consistant with her about going and using the exact same method as you....it's never going to stick.

Bare bottomed seems to be the best method, IMO. (I also have a journal) But like I said...dad has to be willing to let her run naked! Maybe speak with him and try to arrange her staying with you and just you for a few weeks so you can get her trained.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)