Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bed Time Screams

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:20 AM
  • 1 Replies

My daughter is 2 1/2 and screams in bed for at least an hour when i put her to bed.. she won't let up some nights and will scream for hours and never gets tired. I can't have her sleeping in my room because, i mean, me and my husband are in there.

I've tried the bathtime before bed.. the lavander baby lotion thats suppose to make them tired.. i've done the milk or tea before bed... the fave toys.. light on and off.. singing.. reading to her. the only way i can get her to go down to sleep is if i lay down with her and laying there for an hour and a half cuts out everything else i need to be doing.. she's done this every night since she turned 2.

I don't understand what it is i'm doing wrong or what it is that i'm not doing at all... she doesn't do this when she stays at her father's... and i do exactly what he does... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

♫¡Mrs. Aloura Owens!♫
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TiredMommy6906
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM

When my daughter went through this phase, I would walk out for a couple of minutes and then come back in lay her back down, pat her for a minute, and then repeat. The first couple of times I did this took me a couple of hours...2 or 3 hours. But, then slowly the time started dwindling down to 15 minutes or so. This works until something rocks the boat and you have to start in the beginning. For example my daughter is sick...always throws us off. LOL.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)