• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG I CANNOT HANDLE THE CAT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:11 AM
  • 17 Replies

Every time the cat takes a crap, I gag & want to throw the box outside! I have a box of ziplocks. I pick up the cat crap every time she goes and double bag it before putting it in the trash, I cannot run outside after every cat & kid crap.

I have good litter, but a plain old box. What do you pregnant ladies do when you have litter boxes in the house?

This is my first time pregnant with a cat box, I cant stand it!devil

having a baby

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tanya_marieh
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Have you ever thought of toilet training the cat.  At least that's what I would try.  Here is a web site if you are interested.

milmiracle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:02 AM

I go to the street vendors and buy deodorants, it's strong.

nola_mommy143
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM

if ur pregnant u r not suppose to be changing the litter box it has something to do with something in the cax urine can harm the baby. google it to get more info.

MommyOnLI
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM

i agree with this, but not every pregnant woman has someone else that can change the box, and since this is her 2nd pregnancy she was tested during her 1st for the disease. and if she had it the dr would have told her.

with that said... the reason it probably stinks so much is bc you have it in a reg box.  get a plastic one with a lid and put the box somewhere out of site... change it everyother day/every two days... you wont smell it.

is there a place in your house you can hide it?

mine is in my basement in a room i made just for the cat.  i dont smell it and DH cleans it out once a weeek (he doesnt poop in it often bc he spends most of his days outside)

Quoting nola_mommy143:

if ur pregnant u r not suppose to be changing the litter box it has something to do with something in the cax urine can harm the baby. google it to get more info.

Sh3G0tH3rOwn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:33 AM

it's probably just that your nose is more sensitive now. i completely understand. i don't like smelling the little box either and my boyfriend hates cleaning it so he will let it go until i can smell it in the living room. i hate it. speaking of which i can smell it now so that means he has to clean it today. but i would wear gloves when you clean it just to be on the safe side. cats carry toxoplasmosis(sp?) it's a bacteria in their urine and poop. i would prolly even wear a face mask like a doctor's mask just so ur not inhaling it if there is no one else that can change the litter.

pregnancy

VerucaSallt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:35 AM

How about picking up one of those automatic litter boxes?  You won't have to go near the poo, just disconnect the bag.  Try craiglist for a used one, maybe?

I am a "I don't summarize my parenting style in a paragraph because it's none of your business" mom of 3.

Mom2Jayson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:42 AM

This is exactly what I did when preggo.  I saved up & bought a new one, and wore gloves everytime I changed the "catch all" box.  To this day I still use it.  The poo is scooped up EVERY time the cat uses the box.  Best $90 I've spent! =)

Quoting VerucaSallt:

How about picking up one of those automatic litter boxes?  You won't have to go near the poo, just disconnect the bag.  Try craiglist for a used one, maybe?

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:07 AM

What are you feeding the cat because the food could be playing a roll.  I was having this issue with one of my cats and i just switched the food, I can already tell a differance. 

emt151272
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:11 AM

If you are prego you cant be touching the cat box.  you could get toxoplasmosis which can cause serious birth defects.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Cats can be tested for it not all cats have it and if she is wearing gloves she will be fine

Quoting emt151272:

If you are prego you cant be touching the cat box.  you could get toxoplasmosis which can cause serious birth defects.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)