Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to call dh out of work or not ?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

i posted yesterday about the problem i was having,well went to the doc's and was brushed off, however i am in more pain than i was in yesterday, going on day 4.should i wait for dh to get home for lunch or should i call his job and go to the er ?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ProudArmyWife85
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:30 AM

i think it would depend on his job....like when dh worked at a wharehouse i called him home when someone was sick so he could take us to dr, but now hes in the army so i would have to just waite for him to get off i think!!

gulfcoastmom4
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Me personally, I would never call my DH out of work. I would suck it up till he got home.

officerjoeys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:27 AM

It probably really depends on his job and how serious the problem is. Like with my boyfriend's job, they are not going to pull him in unless it's a really serious emergency like, someone broke in our house or a fire and one of us was hurt. Or if I was in a car accident and me or one of the kids was seriously injured. I think the only other reason maybe would be is if I would have went into labor while he was working or some other life threatening situation that I would have to or take the kids to the ER for.

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

bellasmom32808
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:34 AM

even if it's a life or death situation?

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Me personally, I would never call my DH out of work. I would suck it up till he got home.

kids4ever515
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Unless somebody was dying or bleeding to death or if it was an extreme emergency.  I would not call him home in this economy.

KelseyNovy87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:40 AM

i guess it all depends on his job. my dh is army, so i only call him out of work if i REALLY have to. a couple weeks ago i had a terrible migraine (my migraines literally prevent me from doing anything!). dh came home for lunch and saw me laying on the couch, blinds closed, with an ice pack and a blanket over my head. all the while ds was running around. he went back to work and told his CO that his wife was "temporarily paralyzed with a migraine" and he had to get home to take care of our 20 month old son. and since they still won't have their vehicles to work on til august, he got to come home so i could go to bed.

anyways...yea it all depends on his job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)