Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

So this will be my first post on here and I am just going to spill it all because I have hit a really low spot in my life and I need HELP..... I have 2 little boys 3 and 1 and expecting a little girl in September. Recently dad decided he didnt want all the responsibility I guess and has went his own way, this was after the fact that he wanted me 2 stay home with the kids. So now I am a single mom living off of 365 in child support was baby sitting a little girl for 100 but her mom decided she didnt need me any longer and I am really on the verge of losing my house and my mind. I did apply for food stamps I need a JOB, but who will hire a single mom that is pregnant and really down on herself... any advice would be very appreciated and helpful..... THANKS

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Maliksgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM

hugs 

Starlight, Starbright, First star I see tonight...
BUBBASMOM606
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this, why dont you apply for cash assistance to help you until you have the baby.  THen when you get a job they will help you with daycare for the kids. I know it is not much but it helps a little. This is what I had to do when dh got layed off and I was pregnant.  It has been a few years but I am sure it is the same way. Then when you have the baby they will also help you get a job. Good luck momma and try not too stress too  much it is not good for the baby.

Megan711
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Contact WIC-  They can help you out with somethings like formula (if  you FF) milk, eggs, cheese, bread, stuff like that.. Also, you are only getting  365 in child support??? That seems REALLY low for 2 kids.  Hang in there mama things will fall apart before they get better. 

Abuela09
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I suggest you start by getting started with ALL the government programs they have. While that is going threw the process of approval, look at the different options of working from home, check local newspaper, craiglist, workfromhome, etc. :

1. doing data entry for some local or national company from home

2. doing remote customer service or telemarketing - you have a phone and a computer

3. turn your hobbies into a business - market them at all network sites

4. research a network marketing company - find one that gives you a good product and a great compensation plan

You are smart, you can turn this into a GREAT opportunity to do things to elevate your standard of living. Turn your computer into a "cash register", there are many things you can do from home.

Ask me how I know! 

I've done it. ;-)

Best wishes on your decision.

junecrab
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

i am sorry, same thing happend here.  i got on housing (luckily). I raised my kids. it can be done. it is not easy, and i hope you have moral support. just remember you can handle it and take the help if the government will help you.

good luck my friend. teri

junecrab

...all the love you've been giving has all been meant for you...♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)