• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of vitamins can i take?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

I found out i was preggo last night like i said (piog) i cant get a ultra sound done until im 7 weeks witch is june 25.What vitamins can i take that i can buy at the store?I dont have insurance right now.Im trying to get on medicaid but i need a proof of pregnancy and cant get that until june 25.Is there prenatal vitamins i can buy at the store?

I have taken vitmens i got at my dr with my last pregnancy and they made me really sick.So im not sure what else is out there.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I just took Target brand prenatals 

Becky

sstepph
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I took Flinstone vitamins when I was pregnant cause all the prenatal made me sick

&& the Gyno said it was okay that she recommends them to a lot of women

Handsome Little Boy
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

barefootNky113
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM
ou can go to walkmart in the vitamin isle and get a bottle of Spring Valley Prenatal for 5 bucks. 70 count. That's what i got. i got the bigger bottle for 8 though.

desiree.png picture by mrsdavis113

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Take the vitamins at night.  That will help with the nausea.  You can take any vitamin that says "with iron" or "iron fortified".  Centrum makes a chewable vitamin for adults.  Chewables tend to be easier on the stomach.  You should also consider a folic acid supplement if the vitamin you choose does not have as much as the prenatals.

AppleDaisy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I  take the store brand prenatal vitamins.  There are usually fairly reasonably priced.

"I know I am not perfect. I don't live my life to be. But before you go pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
dosthepost
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

There are prenatals that you can buy at walmart or any pharmacy. I've never had prescription prenatals.

Hoping for BLUE

alyssasmom11007
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Quoting barefootNky113:

ou can go to walkmart in the vitamin isle and get a bottle of Spring Valley Prenatal for 5 bucks. 70 count. That's what i got. i got the bigger bottle for 8 though.

This is what I used also.  My doctor looked at all the vitamins and minerals in them and said they are close enough to perscription.  When looking for one, make sure it has enough Folic Acid (I think they recommend 400 mcg a day), which helps prevent Spina bifida.  I agree with the others about taking them at night with a full 8 oz glass of water. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)