Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant get a ultra sound done:(

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

Well i found out last night that i was preggo.So i called today to see if i could get a ultra sound done to see how far along i am and if everything is ok.Well they said i have to wait tell june 25 that that will put me on 7 weeks.They said they cant do a ultra sound now cause they wont be able to see anything.Im really worried cause i have been having bad cramps no blood just heavy cramps like period pain and i have to wait 2 more weeks to see if everything is ok.Im stressed.

Loves her baby girl Kayla

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AKazz
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM

don't stress. they'd prob do a trans-vag U/S anyhow, and that could make you cramp even more. and at 5, 6, 7 weeks, even IF they saw something bad, you couldn't really stop it. just relax and wait it out. good luck!!

maryanna1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

I wouldn't go in now anyway, they wouldn't be able to tell you anything.  They wouldn't even know if you were having a mis-carriage, and then it will just stress you out more.  I went in at 5 weeks 5 days and there was no baby there...they just drew blood and stuff to see if my numbers were going up, but even then they couldn't tell me anything so I freaked out for two more weeks...went in at 7 weeks and everything was fine.  It wasn't worth it.

prestonjohn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM

having and US isnt going to stop a miscarriage if that is what your worried about and really its to early to have one,,even at 12 weeks when i had my first one you only saw a small bean,,lol,,wait it out what will be will be

dosthepost
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Your body is acclimating your baby. Even though he's tiny tiny tiny, your uterus still isn't used to having someone in it. Don't freak out. I cramped for two weeks when I first got pregnant... as long as you're not bleeding you're fine.

Hoping for BLUE

dosthepost
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Also, LMAO I can't say I'm too excited about the early US... It's no fun. Very intrusive.

Hoping for BLUE

ribblettmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM

If you're worried something might be wrong then ask your doctor to test you HCG levels every two days.  If they keep going up, then you're fine.  If they don't go up then you should worry.  The cramping is probably just the baby implanting into your uterus.

You won't be able to see anything until around the 6-7 week mark anyway.  I had one done at 4 weeks with my DD because my doc suspected I was having a tubal and they couldn't see her at all so they did the HCG testing everyday for 2 weeks until they could confirm by ultrasound that she had moved into the uterus.  Good luck to you!

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:49 AM

My first pregnancy I had an ultrasound right away they saw nothing but test was positive, the next week all they saw was a yolk sac (not early enough yet for a heartbeat)

So, be thankfull that they wont do it yet...you won't know anymore then you do now :)

Mama2Jackson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM

This happened to me too and they freaked me out thinking there was something wrong, like the baby wasn't developing right because they could not see anything.  Then when they just saw a yolk sak they were even more concerned  and made me worry even more until 8 weeks when they could finally see something.  Dont worry and relax.  They could always do HCG levels which is what they did with me in the meantime to keep me calm.  When I saw the number doubled in 2 days I knew it would be ok.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

My first pregnancy I had an ultrasound right away they saw nothing but test was positive, the next week all they saw was a yolk sac (not early enough yet for a heartbeat)

So, be thankfull that they wont do it yet...you won't know anymore then you do now :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)