Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life Insurance

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

After reading the nanny post and all the life insurance concerns that were brought up, I thought I'd offer my advice to all moms. 

Get your children life insurance.

I know a lot of parents don't think about it, or don't want to or figure they don't need it, but here's the thing - if God forbid, that child should die, you will need to pay for funeral expenses.  More importantly, even a healthy child could fall ill someday and it will be nearly impossible for them to get life insurance after that happens.  I thank my parents for being responsible and getting life insurance for me, because at the age of 23, I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, which I will live with for the rest of my life.  If I didn't already have life insurance, I would probably not be able to get some and if a company would agree to insure me, it would most likely not be affordable.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I agree 100%, we have coverage for our son

Becky

August07Mom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Couldn't agree more.  We have a policy through Gerber and a policy through my DH's job for our daughter.

mamad122
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I agree- our agent is working up a policy on our daughter.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

elwalters77
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Quoting August07Mom:

Couldn't agree more.  We have a policy through Gerber and a policy through my DH's job for our daughter.

Same here.  Gerber and policies through both of our jobs for both kids.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

elwalters77
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM

not a drama post, but it's important

BUMP

bg26
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Children do not bring income into the house and therefore do not need life insurance. Get a rider on your own term life insurance policy to cover burial costs for children, just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)