• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good thing I had a quarter with me!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

yeah so today I went and picked up the juices....but it wasnt as free as the coupon said! She then asked me for 23 cents..good thing one of the girls picked up a quarter on the way out the door and stuck it in her pocket! lol...i woulda looked stupid going, um i dont have any change!  I just had my debit card and the coupons...fun fun! next time i'll bring my wallet just in case lol.

anyone else had this happen?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jennifermccollo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM

thats odd mine were completly free. Maybe the state you live in still requires you to pay the tax or the register doesnt mark the product down to 0.00 it takes the price off the total requiring you to pay tax.

I am a formula feeding (not by choice), Cloth diapering, CIO, public schooling, Twilight loving , Stay-At-home kinda mom. Don't like it? Too Bad.
MY WEBSITE!

Moments Captured by Jennifer on Myspace

momentscapturedbyjennifer. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
August07Mom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Yes.  You still have to pay the sales tax.

twiceamommy2007
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM

well correct me if im wrong...but 2 items at 2.99 each doesnt quite equal sales tax of 23 cents..right? so i dont know where they get that # from...oh well. glad i had the money anyway.

kimikylemama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I am on fs(please no bashing) and everytime that I use grocery coupons with my fs card it charges me like 2-3 cents per each coupon.  I don't care because I usually have at least a few cents with me but it doesn't exactly make sense to me that they don't charge you tax on the food but yet you have to pay the tax on the coupon.  Its just hard to always remember to have change on me when I am going to the grocery store.

twiceamommy2007
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Quoting kimikylemama:

I am on fs(please no bashing) and everytime that I use grocery coupons with my fs card it charges me like 2-3 cents per each coupon.  I don't care because I usually have at least a few cents with me but it doesn't exactly make sense to me that they don't charge you tax on the food but yet you have to pay the tax on the coupon.  Its just hard to always remember to have change on me when I am going to the grocery store.

well that kinda makes sense to my amount then...but why doesnt everyone have to pay? lol...i mean it isnt a big deal i was just surprised and even more surprised its not the same for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)