Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She really thinks it's 'cheating?' Really?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM
  • 95 Replies

A good friend, who is normally very rational, believes that if her DH gets a lap dance at a buddy's bachelor party, she would see it as 'cheating' on his part. 

I see it as silliness on her part and told her so.

Now she's miffed that I didn't agree with her. Imo, bachelor parties are what they are. Why would she even want to know the details about what goes on? Who cares?

Do you think she's right to think this way? I just think her DH will be more prone to lie to her when he attends these functions.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I think they are her feelings and she has a right to think/feel any way she wants 

Becky

maybaby08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I agree with you. I know what goes on at those parties and don't mind if DH goes, I just don't want to hear the details when he gets home!

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

gettinserious
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

If my hubby got a lap dance from someone - regardless of the reason - I would consider it cheating and his ass would be out the door.  And he knows it. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

SxyPanamami83

i agree with you that its not cheating. but over here theres a ton of sluts workin the strip club and they grope the guy and so on while they give them a lap dance.  my sister wont let her fiance get a lap dance after he told her what the last chick did.

swizzlefiz

DH and I have a rule ... No strip clubs!  Its just what works for us.  So if he went, I'd be REALLY pissed!

Melamma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Same here. I completely agree.

Quoting gettinserious:

If my hubby got a lap dance from someone - regardless of the reason - I would consider it cheating and his ass would be out the door.  And he knows it.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

dosthepost

I think in our case it would be, because we've talked about what cheating would be in our eyes. Any sexual act with another being... or any emotionally sexual act (holding hands, etc.). But our definition doesn't have to be everyone definition. While I think it's fine that she thinks it's cheating, because I'm the same way, I don't think she should be mad at you.

Hoping for BLUE

mamad122

Of course she has the right to feel that way. I wouldn't allow my husband to go to a bachelor party in the first place and would be very upset if he got a lap dance. I don't know that I consider it cheating but it is inappropriate for a married man.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

LMartin08

well, its really a personal decision.. I dont prohibit dh from going to strip clubs, but i have made it quite clear that i do NOT like it. if it is something he likes to do, so be it. however, dh knows how i feel and respects me so he doesnt go.

i think she should tell him how she feels, and personally, i think he should respect her feelings. its all give and take, and he should think of how he would feel if the tables were turned... and i definitely think that he should never lie about it....  

Im a 20 year old mommy to the handsomest baby to me,  run-to-my-infant-even-if-he's-crying-for-no-reason, always feeding my boobie monster, co-sleeping because when he's in a crib i miss him, freaky spank-me/pull my hair kinda sex with my hubby kinda girl

GOBryan
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM

To me, it's not cheating but everyone's different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)