Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i go into labor tonight?? :)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM
  • 21 Replies

Seriously. I am 38wks. I have an (almost) 3 year old & 18 month old.  I am totally miserable & it is so hard to chase after them right now... Everytime I pick them up or pick up toys I have very uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions.  Also, the pain & pressure (down there) is making it hard to even walk normally --so you can imagine what I look like trying to keep them out of trouble! lol.

Do you girls know of any good way to really go into labor?  I took a 2 1/2 mile walk last night & probably will again tonight -But any other ideas?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Lots of sex!

peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM

nope, babies come when they are ready 

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Lots of walking (hills are good) and lots of sex, semen can soften the cervix.

My doctor induced me at 39 weeks for the same reasons with my second child.

MAXnBRYCESmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Sex, walking, evening primrose oil, eating pineapple, lots of stuff.

MommyToTwo0408
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM

You can try walking, sex, all the old wise tales, but unless the baby is ready to come nothing is going to work.  Good luck, hopefully it won't be much longer!

Lilypie Baby TickerLilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

newmom0508
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM

baby isnt going to come until he/she is ready... being uncomfortable is all part of being pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

northtexasmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

-nipple stim every 2-4 hours for 20-40 minutes (use your pump): however I don't know how you will have time to do this with 2 other kiddos!

-strip your membranes (your dr or VERY, VERY vigorous sex)!

-parsley leaf or raspberry leaf tea

-walking or stair climbing (helps open your cervix)

-ankle, foot and/or pressure point massage and reflexology

-keep moving as exercise/blood flow sends more messages to the core muscles to keep moving and stetching so you will better rippen

-drink LOTS of water

-primrose oil (taken vaginally OR orally, NOT BOTH)!

GOOD LUCK!

chamelinmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

at least yours are a little older than my 2. my dd is 29 months(2) and 11 months. and im due in october. Try castol oil, they say that works. also go to an acupunturest. i did that with my ds because i was haven constent braston hicks and had him 2 days later

lanceandhailey
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Quoting chamelinmom:

at least yours are a little older than my 2. my dd is 29 months(2) and 11 months. and im due in october. Try castol oil, they say that works. also go to an acupunturest. i did that with my ds because i was haven constent braston hicks and had him 2 days later

I tried this and I was 4cm dialated at the time and it did NOT put me in labor at all!! It only did what it was supposed to....It cleaned me out! LOL Bad crapping with this too!!

LovesPinkk
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Well thank you everyone for the good ideas!! I'm not sure about the castor oil thing tho.. yuck! lol.. but I'll try some of the other ideas posted.  I can't wait to have this baby!!! (PS -I've gotta share -one of my best friends just had her baby this morning!) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)