Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could this be a BIG mistake?!?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM
  • 1 Replies

ok so i know that nobody but me knows the entire story, but its nice to get an outsiders view and advice. i have had a few posts on here about my recent breakup situation. as of this minute, and until August 1st, me and him are still living together. on aug 1st he is getting his own place. yesterday i went to court because i heard from a source that he was trying to get me out of the house and wanted 50/50 custody. so i panicked and went there. well i had to fill out tons of paperwork and some/most of it i didnt understand. so i had to call him and ask his employer and he knew i was at court. so he came there and we caused a HUGE screen! security asked if i needed assistance, i should have said yes, but i didnt, so they asked us to take it some where else. so my papers werent stamped or anything, i still have them. t

he thing is though, he isnt out of the house yet, so would going to court now be premature? would they be able to even rule child support and custody while we live together?

another question. we are being very civil (besides when we were at the court house, where we were actually fighting over being at the court house instead of being civil...irony at its finest). but really, thats the type of people we are. we both dont want to screw the other person over, there wasnt this horrible blow up or break up, it was just time to end after being unhappy and fighting all the time. so what we agreed on and did instead is type out agreements. there are three. one for custody that we agreed on, one for child support and one for the car that is mine but in his name. we are planning on taking it on Wednesday to get it notarized. are those agreements a good idea? i wrote them up pretty good and said that if we disagree at any point that we will continue on with that until a judge decides differently. and being notarized makes me feel better about that holding up in court as to what we agreed on. BUT i have some friends saying that is a good idea and a good way of dealing with things and other people (who hate my ex) saying that idea is ridiculous. what are your thoughts?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Happy2bMom09
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I would think it would be in your best interest to work out a custody/child support agreement through the Courts as soon as possible.  You just never know what can happen. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)