• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My WONDERFUL Daycare Provider - PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daycare provider was awarded the National Childcare Provider of theyear Award for the whole state of Florida from A Place of Our Own from PBS. :-D.  She just got back from Washington, DC where they flew her up for the award ceremony to present her with the honor.  Her name is Connie Williams.

She truly is amazing and now after hearing all the horror stories of terrible daycares I've come to appreciate her all that much more.  I just thought I would share the story of a wonderful care provider who takes care of my daughter so that a working mommy can have some piece of mind.

You probably have to copy and paste the first link to see it.

Feel free to share YOUR stories about GOOD daycare experiences you've had.

http://www.providerappreciationday.org/honorees/PADNomineeFlyer.pdf

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/celebrity/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/2822/20090507/1201279775.htm

Stephanie

*Mommy to Katelyn*

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:01 PM

awesome! What an honor and a relief to know that you have found a great place for your daughter!

rachelmm007
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:02 PM

thats awesome!! i dont have any good experiences but i am in the process of opening an in home day care. i am doing it because it is really hard to find somebody to trust to take care of your kids. i had that problem and dont want other parents to go through the same.

August07Mom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:03 PM

It's nice to see a positive post about daycare, instead of all the negatives!  I'm so glad you have found such a great place for your daughter.  I LOVE my DCP too, she's been in business for over 10 years and NEVER had one complaint against her. 

mommyslate
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM

That's great!  My lady did I have one mark on her record...

She once a peice of paint that was peeling off the side of her house.

Yep that's it.

Quoting August07Mom:

It's nice to see a positive post about daycare, instead of all the negatives!  I'm so glad you have found such a great place for your daughter.  I LOVE my DCP too, she's been in business for over 10 years and NEVER had one complaint against her. 

Stephanie

*Mommy to Katelyn*

hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

awesome! What an honor and a relief to know that you have found a great place for your daughter!

CafeMom Tickers

elwalters77
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM

That is fantastic!  I wish more stories like this made the news because many people have a skewed vision of reality, only hearing the negatives most of the time.  Good for her and good for you for choosing her to help you while you work to support your family! 

My DCP, Patti, is fantastic too.  She provides care in her home, mostly to school aged children before and after school, but also cares for my almost 4 year old son and soon our 2 month old baby part time along with a 1 year old with special needs and his older sister who is about my son's age.  She and he are best of friends and get so excited to see eachother. 

Patti is like family.  He loves her and she him, as well as her own children, 17 and 12.  In fact, her 17 year old daughter is our babysitter on the rare chances we get to go out on a date night.  Even though Corbin only goest to her from 2-5:30 a few days a week, Patti will even drive 8 miles out of town to our home to pick him up and take him to Story Hour at our local library on Fridays!  We never asked her to do this, she offered, because she wants to. 

We are blessed to have found her, as Patti does not advertise.  Another DCP referred her to me when I was searching for daycare.  When she has an opening, it gets filled, probably because work of mouth goes a long way, especially in our small town.  You do a good job, and people know it.  And right from the start, Patti told us she watches a child until she is no longer needed.  My sons will be with Patti, in her home, when we can not be with them until they are old enough to care for themselves. 

Patti loves and cares for my son, but I am the one raising him.  She works with us on how we raise our son and has been very accomodating and patient.  I wish I could give her an award, because she is truly worthy.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM

My DCP is Patty as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)