Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im bleeding... 17 wks prego

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

I woke up cramping.. and I went to pee and there was blood when I wiped... I am flipping out my husband is out of state for business yet again. But luckily I have my cousin with me if I gotta go to the doctor and she'll help me with my daughter.. I called talked to them and my doctor is gone.. and they're asking the on call doctor... and I hope its not the rude guy I talked to last time. The nurse said he may want to do an ultrasound to check everything.. I am 17 wks.. I tho misscarriages are unlikely in this time in pregnancy.. Has anybody else had blood and everything be okay?.. I am still waiting for them to freaking call back.. I called at 11:11 am and it's now 11:41 am!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting pissed off..

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

How much bleeding are we talking about?

mamad122
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Sweety, just go to the ER! There is a much decreased risk of miscarriages after 12 weeks, but you need attention NOW!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

Lanie_momofone
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Im sorry but it just makes me wonder why people come on here with a possible miscarriage and want to know what we think they should do...uhm, how about log off cafemom and go to the dr? We are all moms, but we are NOT MD's.

Seriously, your cramping and bleeding..but instead of going to the ER, your going to phone a dr and wait on him to call you back and on top of that log into Cafemom?

I mean i know the site is great and all, but just go to the friggin hospital already.

Jenny301
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM

She is looking for reassurance that someone else has gone through this and been okay.  That's why she is on Cafemom.  She called the doctor.    There's no need to be mean.

OP-  at this point, I would either call the doctor back or head to the ER.  I wouldn't wait any longer for a phone call.  I hope everything is okay!!!

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

Im sorry but it just makes me wonder why people come on here with a possible miscarriage and want to know what we think they should do...uhm, how about log off cafemom and go to the dr? We are all moms, but we are NOT MD's.

Seriously, your cramping and bleeding..but instead of going to the ER, your going to phone a dr and wait on him to call you back and on top of that log into Cafemom?

I mean i know the site is great and all, but just go to the friggin hospital already.

sgtwalkerswife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM

if you have cramping i definitly would go in to the er. i had bleeding 2 different times with my son, it was just the placenta attaching but i didnt have any cramping i still went in to be sure because both times it was quite a bit of blood. i'd much rather be safe than sorry i know 2 ppl that had miscarriages around 16 weeks for no reason

dlepasti
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM

i  had bleeding like that when i was 20 weeks and it was an infection and then the next time it was placenta privea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)