• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get off your cell phone??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 16 Replies
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM

It doesn't bother me. In fact I find it amusing when someone is talking about something personal and I can hear. The only thing that bothers me is when people are driving stupid bc they are on their cellphone talking or texting, or when they are in line at the store taking forever bc they are distracted.

princessmommy32
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I only find it rude if they are ordering, paying for something etc. If you're on a bus, walking etc.. what's the problem. I enjoy listening in on other's conversations. It's like watching a soap opera. I relize it's really nosy, but I just can't help myself.

teacher312
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I don't care if it is just them (like on the bus or walking around).  I agree it irks me when they are driving (especially backing out of a parking space!) or when they are in line.  Why can't it just wait?

Mrs.Janet
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM

While it is amusing....I can't stand it when people use it in the library! Come on....the librarians never give them the "shush" scold either.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM

i have my cell on vibrate all the time , bc i doubt ppl want to hear my ring tones lol , i do turn the ringer on like when im shopping bc ryne is home w/ the baby so i want to hear the phone ring just incase. umm i txt more thani talk on mine so ... again its on vibrate so u bartely notice when i have msgs and what not ... i only take important calls if im in a place where its small and quiet (dr's offices and things like that) ... if im going to be long or talk alot i go outside ....

im a 22 y/o UNMARRIED mother of 2 who-speaks & types exactly how she wants-loves the 360-loves takin pics-is never seen w/o her blackberry-loves rap & r & b music but also loves her emo punk shit-waits on her man hand & foot-keeps to herself-is very outspoken-will say whatever is on her mind (ignorent or not)-but also has a sensitive side & is there for anyone who needs her-had her son at 17,finished highschool,and isnt with her 1st borns father-doesn't have her son currently living with her-has a white son and a bi racial daughter-is with her daughters father-is pro choice-is a formula feeding-disposable diaper using-non cio-co sleep when i feel like it-circumcised her son-vaccinates both children ... so yea somethings may be the 'typical teen mom sterotype' but until you get to know me, you DON'T know me ... & whatever you don't like about me -- I DON'T GIVE'A FUCK!

hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Quoting Osstie:

It doesn't bother me. In fact I find it amusing when someone is talking about something personal and I can hear. The only thing that bothers me is when people are driving stupid bc they are on their cellphone talking or texting, or when they are in line at the store taking forever bc they are distracted.

CafeMom Tickers

neotericisis
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

haha- I'm guilty!! Hey I have 2 hr commute though LOL, but I try to be really low with it. I don't like it when people are obnoxiously loud, but then again, that would annoy me even if the person they were talking to were right there in the flesh. I think having a convo is cool, but just try to keep it low...

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I say live and let live. I have a bluetooth for the car. I dont air my dirty laundry all over. It really is dangerous if you think about it, I have heard college students give directions to their homes. umm duh! When people are being rude and not paying attention I give my .02 cents on their conversation. I am also one of those road rage having women that honks, flips the bird, and screams get off the phone!!

Fairegirl33
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I think that places like the library, the staff should make sure that people are not using them if it isn't allowed, but hell if I'm on the bus or walking down the street, I'm gonna talk on the phone all I want.

I agree with Abby... LOL  GET UP AND MOVE YOUR SEAT  LOL

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I agree to get up and move if it bothers you.  Honestly, as long as the conversation is not inappropriate for my 2 year old I do not mind.  If it involves cussing or details about their sex life I will move in a heartbeat!

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)