Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home daycare

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

I would love to stay home with my kids like a lot of moms would but I have to make money somehow. A friend of mine asked if I would watch her 2 year during the week while she works. She told me to tell her how much i would charge and she would get back to me but i don't know how much to charge. I would like to make some kind of profit from it but not be expensive llike the daycares in the area that charge at least 180 a week excpet in the infant rooms which r usually over 200 a week.  

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM

A friend of mine does that and charges about $80-$120 a week. And about $6 an hour.

Proud Marine Wife

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Pro- Life, Natural childbirth having, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, ERF, Spanking when needed, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping mommy to my 3 beautiful girls!

Think what you want of me, we all have our own opinions. I state mine, you state yours, we're both happy.

kimikylemama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I would charge $100/wk, that equals out to be $20/day, that's what I charge.  I always make the parents provide their diapers/pullups/wipes and any special items/food that they need.  I always provide all the meals, snacks and drinks but if they require a special food like formua and babyfood I make them provide those items.

HarleysMommy235
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I used to do home childcare and it really depends on the time of day and hnow many hours. I used to charge $120/week for newborns up to 2 years of age. After they turned 2 it dropped to between $80 to $100. Those rates were from M-F up till 6pm. After 6 is was an extra $10 for every hour past that. We supplied breakfast, lunch and a snack for the kids. Its a good deal because you're making profit and its much cheaper than any daycare. Also we had a rule that if the child came 3 or more days, then it was a full weeks rate, but if they only came 1 or 2 days then it was a daily rate of $20 to $25.

fcangel9
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I do home daycare, I charge 125 for 6weeks-18 months, then its 100 for 18-months up

Thats my full time rates, I charge 60 a week for part time, which is anything under 25 hours

momof1.5
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Quoting kimikylemama:

I would charge $100/wk, that equals out to be $20/day, that's what I charge.  I always make the parents provide their diapers/pullups/wipes and any special items/food that they need.  I always provide all the meals, snacks and drinks but if they require a special food like formua and babyfood I make them provide those items.

ditto

lovebugs_mom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Our sitter charges around $125 for a full week. We only pay part of that because our schedules work out that it is only 3-4 days that we need her.

elwalters77
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

My DCP charges $25 a day.  That's a bargain

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

peanutsmommy1
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

It largely depends on where you live. Here the average is $150-175 a week full time

ksinclair
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I live in Des Moines, Iowa and I pay $125 a week for full time (30 + hours per week) care of my 2 year old.  The provider has 8 years of experience & is CPR/First Aid certified, but not state certified.  She has several excellent references.  She provides breakfast, lunch & afternoon snack (plus beverages - water, milk & juice).  I provide wet wipes, diapers & any other needs such as sunblock lotion, diaper cream, etc... 

CafeMom Tickers
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I charge $30/day for the little girl I watch.  She will be 2 in September!  That is very cheap for this area.  Going rate is $40/day but I knock it down since I am not licensed and have no desire to be!  I provide her snacks/lunch and her mom provides her formula (yes, she is still on formula), diapers, wipes, carseat, and anything else she needs.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)