Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your married ... i need some help --

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM
  • 32 Replies

ok so unfortunatly i know exactly when im gettin proposed to ... (i kno im horrible!!!) but i was wondering , like the parties i hear about , bridal parties and engagemnt parties ... wth are they?! and when do u have them?! ... ive never been to a wedding , i never agreed w/ marriage but ... idk now im like really into it i guess lol

im a 22 y/o UNMARRIED mother of 2 who-speaks & types exactly how she wants-loves the 360-loves takin pics-is never seen w/o her blackberry-loves rap & r & b music but also loves her emo punk shit-waits on her man hand & foot-keeps to herself-is very outspoken-will say whatever is on her mind (ignorent or not)-but also has a sensitive side & is there for anyone who needs her-had her son at 17,finished highschool,and isnt with her 1st borns father-doesn't have her son currently living with her-has a white son and a bi racial daughter-is with her daughters father-is pro choice-is a formula feeding-disposable diaper using-non cio-co sleep when i feel like it-circumcised her son-vaccinates both children ... so yea somethings may be the 'typical teen mom sterotype' but until you get to know me, you DON'T know me ... & whatever you don't like about me -- I DON'T GIVE'A FUCK!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HarleysMommy235
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Well we' never had an engagment party, but we did out bridal shower about a month before the wedding. The bachelorette party was about 5 days before the wedding-we planned that on a weekend before the wedding, Then of course the rehearsal dinner was the evening before the wedding day, but it wasnt formal or anything, we did a BBQ- much cheaper and less drama for my family. It just really depends on what you want and what works for you family. Good lucka and congratulations!!!

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM

well wat are these parties?! ive never been to annnny of these , i always skipped out on weddings ... like i kno a rehersal dinner ... but engagement party? bridial? ... and the bachlor/ette party is planned already , in my head lol ... and no congrats yet , didnt get asked , but i kno when , bc im a bitch and made him tell me =(

Quoting HarleysMommy235:

Well we' never had an engagment party, but we did out bridal shower about a month before the wedding. The bachelorette party was about 5 days before the wedding-we planned that on a weekend before the wedding, Then of course the rehearsal dinner was the evening before the wedding day, but it wasnt formal or anything, we did a BBQ- much cheaper and less drama for my family. It just really depends on what you want and what works for you family. Good lucka and congratulations!!!

im a 22 y/o UNMARRIED mother of 2 who-speaks & types exactly how she wants-loves the 360-loves takin pics-is never seen w/o her blackberry-loves rap & r & b music but also loves her emo punk shit-waits on her man hand & foot-keeps to herself-is very outspoken-will say whatever is on her mind (ignorent or not)-but also has a sensitive side & is there for anyone who needs her-had her son at 17,finished highschool,and isnt with her 1st borns father-doesn't have her son currently living with her-has a white son and a bi racial daughter-is with her daughters father-is pro choice-is a formula feeding-disposable diaper using-non cio-co sleep when i feel like it-circumcised her son-vaccinates both children ... so yea somethings may be the 'typical teen mom sterotype' but until you get to know me, you DON'T know me ... & whatever you don't like about me -- I DON'T GIVE'A FUCK!

fcangel9
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM

We never had an engagement party, most people i know didnt or wont have one.

My bridal shower/bachelorette party were about 2 weeks before the wedding. 

An engagement party is usually just dinner with friends and family announcing your engagement.

The bridal shower is where people usually give you naughty gifts and you play games.

hollie0705
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Engagement party soon after the engagement happens: invite everyone (family & friends) to celebrate your engagement. Bridal/bach parties, personally I would do it a few weeks before the actual wedding but some do it a few days before. Bridal party: your personal without the man or some people have them together but its for you once again celebrating before the wedding. I personally never had the bridal party but had an engagement party. You can choose not to have any of the parties either. Its just about having a good time for you, your future hubby & everyone close to you!

HarleysMommy235
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Well the bridal shower is really just a celebration of your upcomming wedding. Ussualy about the same as the engagment party, but you will get your gifts at this point. Doesnt have to be formal unless you want it to. At mine, no men came-lol-it was all women and my husband, but he left to go fishing-lol I dont blame him. I got gifts and we cooked out, drank, talked about men and plans for the wedding. It was fun. The bachelorette party, was well of course, the last single night celebration. We went out, played funny games, got hammered and just had fun. They made me wear a bachelorette tiara and sash and I got free drinks all night.

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

well wat are these parties?! ive never been to annnny of these , i always skipped out on weddings ... like i kno a rehersal dinner ... but engagement party? bridial? ... and the bachlor/ette party is planned already , in my head lol ... and no congrats yet , didnt get asked , but i kno when , bc im a bitch and made him tell me =(

Quoting HarleysMommy235:

Carolbrady100
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I'm getting married August 8th and so far it's been a stressful pain in the ass! There is so much planning and crap that goes with it. My only advice is keep it simple, it's stupid to get all bent out of shape over. Funny, I can give you that advice, but cant seem to follow it myself! I'm a mess and just want it to be over!

behappilyever
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:30 PM

engagement party do soon after it happens. friends and family

bridal shower do a about a month or so before the actual wedding (after you have registered for gifts and sent out the invitations.) friends and family (usually) AND it isn't uncommon for your future in laws to throw you one seperately either

bachelorette party do a few weeks before the wedding. this is where you will get the majority of your "naughty" gifts and go wild.

have fun!

"Failure is only somebody else's idea of what you are doing." -Whoopi Goldberg

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:30 PM

lol ... we want all our parties to be both of us there .... his family doesnt like me too much ... and i dont have family or alot of friends , so we're having 1 big party .. for the bachlor/ette parties too ... we're just going to a club w/ a vip section ...

Quoting HarleysMommy235:

Well the bridal shower is really just a celebration of your upcomming wedding. Ussualy about the same as the engagment party, but you will get your gifts at this point. Doesnt have to be formal unless you want it to. At mine, no men came-lol-it was all women and my husband, but he left to go fishing-lol I dont blame him. I got gifts and we cooked out, drank, talked about men and plans for the wedding. It was fun. The bachelorette party, was well of course, the last single night celebration. We went out, played funny games, got hammered and just had fun. They made me wear a bachelorette tiara and sash and I got free drinks all night.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:32 PM

lol hun , i watch bridezillas all day long! i KNO how stressful it is lol ... and everything is guna be simple! i told him everyones going to think our wedding was a million bucks when i get thru w/ it! lol

Quoting Carolbrady100:

I'm getting married August 8th and so far it's been a stressful pain in the ass! There is so much planning and crap that goes with it. My only advise is keep in simple, it's stupid to get all bent out of shape over. Funny, I can give you that advuce, but cant seem to follow it myself! I'm a mess and just want it to be over!

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM

thanks! and not these future in laws! ... my name on myspace is 'future wifey' bc they think they are changing his mind about even being w/ me ... and hes not , hes still asking me in august and he cannot wait , and he could care less if they come! his moms side hates me! his dads side LOVES ME !! lol

Quoting behappilyever:

engagement party do soon after it happens. friends and family

bridal shower do a about a month or so before the actual wedding (after you have registered for gifts and sent out the invitations.) friends and family (usually) AND it isn't uncommon for your future in laws to throw you one seperately either

bachelorette party do a few weeks before the wedding. this is where you will get the majority of your "naughty" gifts and go wild.

have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)