Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long Skirts??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

Anyone know where I can find the long, flow-ee skirts? The ones that touch the ground (or almost) and kinda look a little hippyish? LOL I LOVE them but cannot seem to find any anywhere! And cannot think of the actual name they are called. I feel so comfortable wearing them with a tank top but still "mom" cute :) The only skirts that seem to be everywhere are the short jean skirt ones and I do not want those....Help me out!! Or even the cotton knee length ones with the drawstring I love too! I have one but bought it 3 years ago and cannot find those either..

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Proud Mom Of 1 Blinkie
I Married My College Sweetheart Blinkie
I Love my Baby Girl Blinkie
June Babe Blinkie
BlinkieMommies.com
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hannahsmommy321
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM

did you try thrift stores??? they might have them or consignemnt shops

CafeMom Tickers

MommyOnLI
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM

since that isnt the style this year you probably wont find much out in the stores... try thrift stores, or botiques.

neotericisis
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Try Newport-News.com, they have those bohemian skirts. Oh you may also like Maxi dresses (cute and affordable ones at forever21.com), they are REALLY in right now (I LOVE them because they look great with a bump too!). They are like those bohemian skirts you are describing because they are long a flouncy, but they are a whole dress and normally have spaghetti straps. They look ultra cute with some flip flops, sun glasses, and even a straw hat, but not inappropriate for a mom- yay!!! Fashion Forward Mommas! Good luck!!!

fcangel9
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Im pretty sure they are called peasant skrts

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

maxi skirt, peasant skirt or broomstick skirt would all be pretty common names. Do you have a store near year with more ethnic or natural clothing? I know a lot of the boutiques around here that carry incense, beads and ethnic knick knacks tend to have those type of skirts as well.

Fairegirl33
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I have seen the bohemian style skirts and tops everywhere this year...

All over the mall, Walmart, Target, but normally they are right around knee length.

marina069
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

lol, i have several of them, i bought them when they were "in" but i still wear them, guess i'm out of date

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

mrslibby
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I'm pretty sure old navy has them. oh and you could always try TJmaxx, Ross, or Marshalls

Dance13
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I saw some long flowee dresses at target... or you could try thrift stores. or even burlington coat factory if you have one.

wilesmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:14 PM

BUMP 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)