Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Long Did Your.....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

...recovery last if you had you child via C-Section? It has been 3 months now that I had my daughter, Shauna. I started work one day a week at Dunkin Donuts (well, returned from Maternity Leave). Last Sunday was my first day back...and only my feet and back were in pain, which went away by the following day. This past Sunday was my second day back and halfway through I got bad pains from the area in which I was cut open. It hurt to turn quickly or bend or even walk a lot. By the end it didn't hurt really at all. The dissolvable stitches have been gone away and I would think I wouldn't experience any more pain since it has obvioulsy been past the 8 weeks period. My SO looked it up on WebMd.com and said the pains are normal. Is he right? I don't have Medicaid anymore since that ended the end of May. So I need to reaply, but until then I was just wondering when everyone stopped having pains after their C-Section and especially after going back to work. Thanks in advance for reading/replying!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
liddellmama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM

yes pains like that are totally normal esp if this was your firs c-section. I however was a freak and was on my feet and in no pain 4  days to 2 weeks with each of my kids lol. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Crissy2424
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Yes, this was my very first child. It hurt so bad, ugg. I just hope this coming Sunday brings less pains if I get them! Thanks!

tiffanysgirls
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM
With my first c-section it took me a good 6-9 months to feel "normal again". C-sections cut into your body's core muscles and so it takes much longer to repair the damage since you are constantly using those muscles for EVERYTHING. Even when you lift your arms or legs you use those core stomach muscles. My best advice to you is around 6 months post-op (don't start too early or you will do more damage than good)....begin strengthening them with excersizes. Do not start right out with crunches though. Start with simple excersizes like laying on the ground and slowly lifting your hips into the air. Or lifting your legs one at a time.

The first c-section is always the worst. I had 3 and the second and third were so easy in comparison! With c-section #3 I was released from the hospital in 2 days while the first one I stayed for 5 days :) GL!
chamelinmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM

some people say they recover quickly from the csection. my aunt was running around a week later. IDK mine were all vaginal and i could have been working the day i left the hospital and would be fine. talk to your dr

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM

The pains u r haing r normal. It was most likely that u irrated the muscule that they pulled apart to get to the baby. I just got a csection done yesterday and I feel so much better today, my insetion is iching which is good thing since that means it is healing.  My mom had 6 csections and she felt great within the wk fallowing but didn't do a lot for at least 2 wks after. Not sure if this helps or not. I do know that every1 heals in there own time, and it may just be that ur body hasn't fully ealed to the t. I can say that the pains u had r normal again and that if ur really concerned about it call ur ob and leave a message for ur ob's nurse about what ur experancing and hopefully they will put ur mind at ease. good luck and it's okay and a good thing to be concerned about ur body.

Nyco

Crissy2424
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM

The exercise idea seems good. I understand that it does take awile. I was just scared b/c normally you are okay to go back to work 8 wks after. I just connected that with being healed up, lol. Your comments are making me realize I still need to give my body a chance to completely heal up. Seems good to start working those muscle again at about 6 months. I am just the kind of person who wants to be all better and working at my fullest asap..even before my body is ready, lol. I just am glad I don't have to be concerned, that I just need to take it easy still!

Lilypie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)