Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get rid of daily headaches? I am 17weeks.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok I know I have tension headaches but I am sleeping plenty and I am off for the summer. But my neck muscles feel so tight and thats where my headaches start. Tylenol is a joke. I am stretching and getting massages at least twice a month but I still have headache every morning and most of the day. How can I get rid of them? Any advice would be appreciated.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momaloveof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Keep up with the stretching and if possible maybe have a soda or two with caffeine in it.  Sometimes that helps.  If not try asking the doc.  How about sodium?  How much are you taking in?  What about water intake?  How much are you drinking?  Any exercise?

Try cutting back on the processed food boxed or canned for a week and see if that helps.

Make sure you are drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water per day.

Maybe try taking a walk to help relieve stress.

Good Luck.

mommylove620
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I feel your pain! I suffered from horrible headaches during my pregnancy as well. Unfortunately, there was not much the doctor could do for me. They did seem better during the 2nd and 3rd trimester. Keep doing what your doing and hang in there. Sorry I could not offer better advice, just know you are not alone in the headache battle!

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I had preeclampsia with both my kids so I definitely understand the terrible terrible headaches. I took hydrocodone because I couldn't function without it. I couldn't move, couldn't eat, couldn't talk because the headaches were so unbarable. Tylenol is a joke but that's really the only safe thing you can take without a prescription. Just remember to drink a LOT of water.

I'm Kristina. I'm happily married to my high school sweetheart, Bobby {06.14.08}. We have two amazing children, Daniel Matthew {05.05.07} and Ryleigh Madison {09.13.08}. I will let my daughter self-wean from breastfeeding when she is good and ready. I wear my children because they like to be close to me. I believe in extended rear-facing because my children aren't minimums. I make my own baby food. I'm not religious & don't believe in any type of organized religion. Nor am I political. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and it impacts my every day life. I'm a SAHM and love every minute of it.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I would go to a chriopractor :)  They can help with everything from chest pains to ear infections and headaches too :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

kerijeanbean
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I second going to a chiropractor.  They can help relieve the tension in your neck and it will eliminate the headaches.  Good luck.

Keri

dosthepost
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Oh honey I feel (felt) your pain. I had the worst headaches with my DD.

The problem was that I had cut out caffeine because I thought I had to b/c I was pregnant. Turns out it's actually the worst idea EVER. If you were drinking caffeine before go ahead and have a cup of coffee in the morning or something and it should really help you.

If not, you might talk to your doc about maybe having a blood sugar test done a little early. You might have gestational diabetes, or maybe it IS just tension... but I would think that Tylenol would get rid of it if it was just tension.

Hoping for BLUE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)