Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is really going thru her little mind when I leave?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am having issues with my newly turned 4 year daughter.  She has never really had any problems with separation anxiety  until  just recently.  Towards the last of school, she hung on me and cried everytime I dropped her off and then the same way at daycare. It just about kills me to leave.  I have tried several different thing; reassuring her that I WILL come back to get her.  Trying to sneak out but then she asked me why i didn't give her a hug and kiss before i left so that made me fill guilty.  Bribery. 

I would be so very appreciative to anyone that has any ideas or advice.  I have tried everything I can think of and am desperately needing to figure out a way to leave without her screaming every single time.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Brandie_xo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:07 PM

wheni was little, my mom would draw a picture of a clock, and make the clock show what time she would be ther to get me.   I know most places dont have analog clocks anymore, so maybe you could do that and make a special treat of her getting to pick out her own watch to wear, with a fun character or something?

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkLexie-EDD Oct. 19

pregnancy

LivHappy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM

That's a great idea.  Thanks so much, I'm going to give it a try!

Quoting Brandie_xo:

wheni was little, my mom would draw a picture of a clock, and make the clock show what time she would be ther to get me.   I know most places dont have analog clocks anymore, so maybe you could do that and make a special treat of her getting to pick out her own watch to wear, with a fun character or something?

Brandie_xo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Goodluck! :)

Quoting LivHappy:

That's a great idea.  Thanks so much, I'm going to give it a try!

Quoting Brandie_xo:

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkLexie-EDD Oct. 19

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)